Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: At 8:15 p.m. - Man robbed of cell phone by two thugs on street in Newport section
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CSXrailfan wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I would like to know the type of victims that are approached. Are they new to the area/country, the timid type. Perhaps they are female, elderly. Maybe the victim was drunk or knew the mugger and had it out with him.

While we're just making shit up, maybe the victim was a cat and they distracted him with chin scratches. Perhaps victims are diabetic and he was testing his blood sugar and didn't see them coming. Maybe they wear sunglasses at night. Maybe they're busy eating sandwiches.

Good point! I'd like to know what kind of sandwich the victim was eating so I can avoid it in the future.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 21:21

Re: At 8:15 p.m. - Man robbed of cell phone by two thugs on street in Newport section
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/8 14:59
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
I would like to know the type of victims that are approached. Are they new to the area/country, the timid type. Perhaps they are female, elderly. Maybe the victim was drunk or knew the mugger and had it out with him.

While we're just making shit up, maybe the victim was a cat and they distracted him with chin scratches. Perhaps victims are diabetic and he was testing his blood sugar and didn't see them coming. Maybe they wear sunglasses at night. Maybe they're busy eating sandwiches.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/11/30 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if these are the same two guys...

Resized Image

One arrested after two assailants snatch man's cellphone on Downtown Jersey City street

Published: Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 3:00 AM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

A Virginia man was arrested by Jersey City police after two men snatched a phone from a man on Montgomery Street near Washington Boulevard on Monday, officials said yesterday.

Lawrence Matthew, 25, of Fredericksburg, was arrested on Columbus Drive after the 7:14 p.m. robbery of the 46-year-old Downtown resident, reports said.

The victim told police a man punched him in the face, took his phone and passed it to a second man before both ran away heading west, reports said. Police broadcast a description and Matthew was arrested, reports said. The stolen phone was found on Montgomery Street.

Posted on: 2011/11/30 17:01

At 8:15 p.m. - Man robbed of cell phone by two thugs on street in Newport section
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man robbed of cell phone by two thugs on street in Newport section

Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 3:00 AM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

A Jersey City man robbed by two men in the Newport section of Jersey City Sunday night tried to chase down his attackers, but they got away, officials said.

The 33-year-old River Drive South man said he was talking on his cell phone while walking home on Newport Parkway at 8:15 p.m. when the men approached him from behind, report said.

One of them snatched the phone away and the other pushed the victim before both ran away, reports said.
Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2011/11/29 15:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017