Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Man claims police 'choked' and 'punched' him; police deny undue force was used
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I wish the cops would have smashed up those motorcycles.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 2:45

Bergen Lafayette: Man claims police 'choked' and 'punched' him; police deny undue force was used
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Edited Footage: Jersey City man punched in groin and choked by police officers The Jersey Journal has obtained this video of a Jersey City man who says he was punched in the groin and choked by officers while his hands were cuffed. This is the edited footage which has been magnified and the speed has slowed down when the man was punched in the groin. ================================== Jersey City man claims police 'choked' and 'punched' him; police deny undue force was used Updated: Wednesday, September 28, 2011, 8:15 PM By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal has obtained a video of the arrest of a Jersey City man who says he was punched in the groin and choked by officers while he was handcuffed. "That's foul ? the dude ain't even resisting," a man on the street says during the more than two-minute video showing the arrest of Scott Colclough, 25, of Clerk Street, on Saturday at Martin Luther King Drive near Oak Street. Colclough was charged with drug distribution near a school and near a park, as well as resisting arrest and obstructing, police said, adding that no drugs were found on him. Jersey City Police Chief Tom Comey watched the recording and said yesterday he saw nothing on the video that concerns him. "I have been in that position myself as a supervising officer in narcotics," Comey said. "They (such incidents) have a tendency to look more dramatic than they actually are." Interviewed by phone from the Hudson County jail in Kearny on Monday, Colclough said that around 10:30 a.m. Saturday he was speaking to two men in a car, men he said are car mechanics. Moments later, officers approached him and said they were going to handcuff him for their own protection. He said after being cuffed, they began choking him. "They choked off my air. They were saying to me to spit something up," Colclough said. "Someone had given me chewing gum right then and there. My mouth was open. They put the antenna (of the police radio) in my mouth. They said they did that to get me to spit something out." In the video, taken by a passer-by, Colclough can been seen standing on the tips of his toes with his back against a wall as officers hold him by his throat. He said at one point they lifted him off the ground by his neck. While searching Colclough, Sgt. Trish Cassidy appears to strike him in the lower abdomen or groin. While being held by the throat by Officer David Webber, Colclough takes a step forward and to his left. He said he never resisted the officers and felt he was about to pass out. "Why would I resist arrest when I'm not doing anything," Colclough said. "They were saying 'Spit it out. Spit it out.' I was saying 'I don't have anything.' " Colclough said he learned of the charges against him when he made his first court appearance on Monday via videolink from the county jail. "There's a manner in which you can hold an individual and not necessarily choking him, but stopping him from using his muscles to swallow," Comey said. This hold is employed to protect the individual from overdose should he swallow the drugs and in an attempt to stop the suspect from destroying evidence, Comey said, adding he did not see Colclough being punched on the video. "I couldn't watch it at first," Colclough's mother, Celina Colclough, said of the video. "I started shaking, crying. I'm angry. He did five years in prison. He's been home three days. He doesn't want to go back. He misses his kids." Scott Colclough was in prison from Nov. 9, 2006 to June 21, 2011 for aggravated assault, two counts of drug distribution, unlawful possession of a handgun, eluding police and resisting arrest, according to corrections records. He was paroled to a transitional program. Celina Colclough said the family, which as of Monday had not filed a police complaint, plans to hire an attorney to pursue legal action against the city.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 0:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017