Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Spine Dr. Referral? Dr. Okubadejo JCMC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
No problem, I just had my surgery today and so far am very pleased with the results. If you want to discuss I would be more than happy to share experience, ?the research methodology I used for determining what treatment to have, as well as how I determined the best doc in the region for my situation (there are specialties amongst neurosurgeons).?

Of you have the luxury of time, e.g you have a window before it becomes an emergency. I recommend you consider putting in a good amount of rigor into at least the following.

1) get educated on the matter (symptoms, condition, procedures/options, outcomes, conservative care, etc)
2) determine the key facets important to you personally (mine was were very different than others I spoke to)
3) determine how to identify the best best docs available to you
4) make a list of your questions before you go to a doc (start by googling questions to ask a doctor for back surgery as a start)
5) get multiple opinions in a couple disciplines (not just surgeons)

As you might be able to tell I almost OCD research the #%^* out of things important to me...not too much more important than your spine.

Hope that helps a little.

Good luck and feel better!

Posted on: 2012/7/25 1:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/2 3:08
From Jersey Ave
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the recommendation, JCSHEP.

Posted on: 2012/7/22 11:40

Re: Spine Dr. Referral?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
For a surgeon try Dr. Jack Stern, White Plains, NY

Posted on: 2012/7/21 21:50

Re: Spine Dr. Referral?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/2 3:08
From Jersey Ave
Group:
Registered Users
I'm in need of a good spine doctor ... any recommendations? Even better if in the Horizon BCBS network. Thanks.

Posted on: 2012/7/21 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GlitterQueen wrote:
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Just do yoga, seriously. Its 100 x's better than any chiropractor, orthopedist/surgeon would do. You don't need to be like the idiot yuppies with there mats and lattes either , just google search some moves and do them for a month everyday in your home and it will make a world of difference.

I know you are probably well meaning and all but that is a really insensitive thing to say. Not all back problems can be healed through yoga. My disc was torn open and was leaking onto sciatic nerve. This is very very painful and not something that can be solved by simply doing yoga.

I have heard do yoga or have you tried acupuncture a million times. all well meaning but it is downplaying your pain. When some says they have pain in their back most people associate it with the pain they have felt. the pain that you feel when you are actually at the point where you need surgery is #OOPS#ing excruciating and not something most people have felt or can even understand.

Chronic pain can lead to depression and alcohol abuse. don't make someone feel worse by making it seem like there isn't anything really wrong with them.

Do you honestly think that if this person was in THAT much pain, they are going to take my post seriously? I sure hope not. My post is for the many people out there that have slipped disks and other assorted back issues that are pain full yet functional, but decide surgery is the correct root and in the long run turn out worse than pre surgery. If this is what the op is going through than yes yoga is for them , if its as you describe than fine maybe surgery is the answer.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
Just do yoga, seriously. Its 100 x's better than any chiropractor, orthopedist/surgeon would do. You don't need to be like the idiot yuppies with there mats and lattes either , just google search some moves and do them for a month everyday in your home and it will make a world of difference.

I know you are probably well meaning and all but that is a really insensitive thing to say. Not all back problems can be healed through yoga. My disc was torn open and was leaking onto sciatic nerve. This is very very painful and not something that can be solved by simply doing yoga.

I have heard do yoga or have you tried acupuncture a million times. all well meaning but it is downplaying your pain. When some says they have pain in their back most people associate it with the pain they have felt. the pain that you feel when you are actually at the point where you need surgery is #OOPS#ing excruciating and not something most people have felt or can even understand.

Chronic pain can lead to depression and alcohol abuse. don't make someone feel worse by making it seem like there isn't anything really wrong with them.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Major back problems here FYI

Posted on: 2011/6/1 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2011/6/1 3:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
I had spine surgery a year and a half ago and my spinal surgeon was really great. His name is Nathaniel Tindel his number is 212-249-3840 and his address is
425 East 79th Street
Suite 1H
New York, NY 10075

He is very careful about what surgeries he does which is a really good thing. very very few people actually need spinal surgery and trust me if it is not going to make you feel better afterwards it is too painful to go through without a huge payout.

Keep your expectations realistic. Know that most disc replacements only last about 10 years. I had spinal steniousis and got a spinal fusion for the second to the bottom vertabrae.

He also wrote a book called i've got your back and he has been named by new york magazine as one of the best spine surgeons.

you need out of network benefits on your insurance. He really wants to help you and he won't lie and tell you what he thinks you need to hear.. he'll tell you the truth.

good luck. if you want to know anything more about spine surgery and my experience pm me.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
It's your back.
Don't mess around.
Hospital for Special Surgeries in NYC.

Posted on: 2011/6/1 1:05

Spine Dr. Referral? Dr. Okubadejo JCMC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Hi folks -

Has anyone ever gone to Dr. Okubadejo at the Jersey City Medical Center Spine Institute? I'm looking for a good back/spine doctor and possible surgeon in the area. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 20:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017