Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Building Department fines...
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 3:15
Group:
Registered Users
Yup, it's a cat and mouse game with the contractors and Buildings, but they're both cats and we're the mice. I once got fined because my contractor didn't tell me what the inspector said! Contractor fine: nada.

Also not well known is that you don't have to let them in if they just show up without a warrant because someone dropped a dime on you. The US Supreme Court said so 44 years ago, but JC buildings has not gotten the memo, and will huff and puff and then fine you totally illegally. I guess it's not as bad as the NYPD pulling bags of weed out guys undies in street stops and then arresting them for having it in plain sight, but it's still unconstitutional. In both cases they depend on people being intimidated and not knowing their rights.

Posted on: 2011/5/20 21:49

Building Department fines...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
If anyone out there has gotten a fine from the building department because your contractor didn't pull a permit, YOU ARE NOT LIABLE TO PAY IT. The contractor has to be fined.
PM me if anyone out there is having issues please. Unless the entire JC community starts becoming knowledgeable about how a building department really should run we will all suffer both financially and emotionally.

i keep hearing horror stories from local JC residents but people are afraid to speak up about the building dept. Don't be!
thank you

Posted on: 2011/5/20 16:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017