Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hamilton Park has its first wedding since $3.2 million makeover
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
An Irish festival in the Horseshoe... that is an amazing idea.

Also, you should look into this event on Thurs July 29th at the Barrow Mansion. Maybe that is a place to start circulating your message.

Sonas
http://www.atticensemble.org/

Posted on: 2010/7/25 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
alanwright wrote: Sorry, but this is hilarious... "I heard the park was a dump before the renovations,"
If somebody told her that the park was a dump before the renovation, then she was being honest about what she heard. In my opinion, the park looked pretty worn out before the renovation, and not exactly wedding material. I think it?s great that a wedding took place there . I?d love to see a wedding party having pictures taken in the park, complete with bag pipers, flutes and men wearing Irish kilts. Particularly since Hamilton Park has such an interesting (Irish) history. And since I brought up the subject of the Irish? I think it would be neat to have "our own" Irish festival in Hamilton park. Not on St. Patrick?s Day but during the warmer months on a day that could be dedicated to the old horseshoe district, with a walking tour of the neighborhood and Irish music & dancing. The local business? could benefit from the extra foot traffic and offer ?corned beef & cabbage? specials, traditional stews and sell a lot of beer & whiskey. It could be a good event for the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2010/7/24 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
alanwright wrote: Sorry, but this is hilarious... "I heard the park was a dump before the renovations," said Petzko, a resident with her new husband of the Ninth Street Hamilton Park Condominiums. Yikes. I hope she was misquoted, but because that's more than a bit rude.
Rude indeed. Well, since she moved from Cranbury I'm not surprised. Hope her day trader new hubbie keeps her sheltered from the visages of the horrors of JC.

Posted on: 2010/7/24 19:00
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Hamilton Park has its first wedding since $3.2 million makeover
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, but this is hilarious... "I heard the park was a dump before the renovations," said Petzko, a resident with her new husband of the Ninth Street Hamilton Park Condominiums. Yikes. I hope she was misquoted, but because that's more than a bit rude. ---- Hamilton Park has its first wedding since $3.2 million makeover http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jerse ... 79952750149610.xml&coll=3 By BRENDAN TORRES JOURNAL STAFF WRITER The newly renovated Hamilton Park in Jersey City has hosted its first wedding. Last Saturday, Andrea Petzko, 26, and Daniel Vassilev, 29, gathered with 35 family members at the park at Jersey Avenue and Eighth Street to tie the knot - the first nuptials exchanged since the park received its $3.2 million facelift. "I heard the park was a dump before the renovations," said Petzko, a resident with her new husband of the Ninth Street Hamilton Park Condominiums. "But I chose the park because of how beautiful and close it is. The scenery was great, the tennis courts, the fountains. Oh, and the children everywhere." The Hamilton Park Neighborhood Association pushed hard for the reconstruction of the park. The new park includes a toddler area, tennis and basketball courts, and a spray park for hot summer days. "The park renovations were awesome" said Elena Mukaida, recording secretary for the association and a neighbor of the newlyweds. "It has brought out a spirit of taking ownership of the park and a volunteer group of about 50 neighbors pick up trash daily." The newlyweds have lived in the city since Thanksgiving. Petzko lived in Cranbury before she met her future husband, an Astoria, Queens resident. The two met on the dating website match.com. "Isn't that crazy? He was perfect!" Petzko exclaimed. She is an English teacher and the groom is a day trader. The bride and groom exchanged sweets with one another. "Mother made cookies to signify a sweet life together," Petzko explained. The group then took a bus to the Marriott Marquis in Manhattan for a reception.

Posted on: 2010/7/24 16:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017