Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
160 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Catch, spay/neuter, release of stray cats?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Hello,

The Neighborhood Feral Cat Initiative, a program of Companion Animal Trust, provides free trap neuter return training workshops to the public once a month. The next workshop is next Saturday, June 19th.

The program also loans traps for free and has a PetSmart Charities grant that pays for most of the cost of spay neuter. The cost to the trapper is $10 per cat.

We are aware of the cats in Brunswick Gardens and in fact just yesterday spoke with about 4 people at the Hamilton Park festival about them. So there are many who want to address this concern.

Please come to this next workshop and encourage others to do the same.

You can register for it by emailing workshop@neighborhoodferalcat.org or calling 201 884 9649.

Website www.neighborhoodferalcat.org.

We look forward to helping you with the only humane non lethal solution.

Posted on: 2010/6/13 12:17

Re: Catch, spay/neuter, release of stray cats?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
This a local organization that may be able to help.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Companion-Animal-Trust/144611599448

Posted on: 2010/6/13 5:20

Catch, spay/neuter, release of stray cats?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/11 13:18
Group:
Registered Users
I live around the corner from the community garden on Brunswick St and just tonight noticed that there were three (at least) new kittens in there. One of the females must have had this litter a few weeks ago, as they were not infants, but this was the first time I'd seen the kittens.

I enjoy having the 4-5 cats around the neighborhood that live in that garden but it seems like only a matter of time now until a few litters are born and a few generations go by and the population explodes. I'd hate to see any of them get hauled off by animal control because of overpopulation as the half dozen there now seem to do pretty ok for themselves.

My question is whether anyone is aware of any organizations in town that captures, fixes and then releases stray cats? I'm assuming if animal control were even aware of it they wouldn't do that and would just bring them into the pound, etc. (Correct me if I'm wrong) If this small group of cats could be fixed and released then the potential overpopulation of stray cats could be stemmed at least for this one group.

Posted on: 2010/6/13 5:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017