Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 140

JCGuys, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: @ the Loew's this weekend, 3 Iconic Movies of the ‘60s, the Decade that Rocked the World!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I've actually never seen Taxi Driver at all, somehow kept missing it. I'm going to invite some non-JC friends because I'm sure on that big screen it'll really be something. A buddy and I saw Apocalypse Now Redux the week after 9-11 at the theater on Bwy & 13th St. You needed to show ID to pass below 14th, and they weren't charging to get into the theater. It was pretty surreal.

Posted on: 2010/4/27 15:17

Re: @ the Loew's this weekend, 3 Iconic Movies of the ‘60s, the Decade that Rocked the World!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
We saw Hard Days Night on Sat, my 1st time seeing a movie there. Did anyone else find the echo-ee audio distracting? I don't know if someone forgot to turn the reverb off on the PA system, or that perhaps the acoustics of the theater aren't made for high amplification. The music sounded fine, as it did when we saw Shameka Copeland last week, but the dialog portions were very distorted by it.

I think we're just spoiled by the dolby-surround we're used to hearing in modern movie theatres.

dodgy acoustics aside, what a fun night saturday! the place was more packed than I've ever seen it, and the cheering of our crowd nearly put those 60s screaming teenagers to shame. nearly, but not quite.

can't wait til next month's 70s-fest. have never seen Taxi Driver on the big screen, and Saturday Night Fever's gonna be a hoot.

Posted on: 2010/4/26 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
We saw Hard Days Night on Sat, my 1st time seeing a movie there. Did anyone else find the echo-ee audio distracting? I don't know if someone forgot to turn the reverb off on the PA system, or that perhaps the acoustics of the theater aren't made for high amplification. The music sounded fine, as it did when we saw Shameka Copeland last week, but the dialog portions were very distorted by it.

Posted on: 2010/4/26 18:25

@ the Loew's this weekend, 3 Iconic Movies of the ‘60s, the Decade that Rocked the World!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/29 1:30
Group:
Registered Users
This weekend at the Loew's Theatre in the heart of Journal Square, three landmark films of the '60s are back on the Big Screen, and all in big, beautiful 35mm!

*Friday, April 23 at 8PM ? "To Kill A Mockingbird" from 1962, starring Gregory Peck

* Saturday, April 24 at 6PM - "A Hard Day's Night" from 1964, starring THE BEATLES!

* Saturday, April 24 at 8:15PM - "The Graduate" from 1967, starring Anne Bancroft and Dustin Hoffman and directed by Mike Nichols

Tickets are available at the box office, & each movie individually is $6 for adults; $4 for seniors (65+) and children 12 & younger. There are Combo Discounts for multiple screenings.

Loew's is directly across the Boulevard from the JSQ PATH/Bus station. Discount parking is available in Square Ramp Garage, behind the Loew's, at the foot of Magnolia Av., off Tonnele Av. Just get your parking ticket validated before leaving the Theatre. For more info, please visit our website, www.loewsjersey.org.

The Landmark Loew?s Jersey Theatre is a Not-For-Profit Arts Center in a Historic Movie Palace, at 54 Journal Square, Jersey City.

Posted on: 2010/4/23 2:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017