Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Well one blogger in JC likes the PATH ride....
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
http://nyc.metblogs.com/2010/03/16/its-a-dogs-life/

it?s a dog?s life

By sailorcaldwell
March 16th, 2010

As a new puppy owner, I often find myself wandering the lower east side and trying to understand things from my puppy?s point of view.

Sometimes I overthink for him, and sometimes I am completely baffled when I choose the human perspective. so many sights, smells, people, noises, EVERYTHING, going on all at once. Often its overwhelming for me, so I can?t imagine from BLT?s p.o.v how shocking it is. Being the human of a good looking dog I do meet an odd cross-section of people. Everyone from grandparents, dog walkers, other dog lovers, kids, and even postal employees want to stop and pet my dog. I?m cool with this. I mean, he is REALLY cute!

I do think about how being a dog owner affects other people in new york. Are people on the train annoyed that I have a puppy in my lap? Some of them certainly appear to be. As a resident of Jersey City who works in Manhattan, I take the PATH and the MTA. Surprisingly most people on the MTA are more into the dog. Are they less sensitive? Is it a better group? On the PATH I feel like everyone is unhappy and dreading the ride to work. I love my job, and I love people watching so, the morning ( well really late morning ) ride into the city is fun for me. Bacon seems to enjoy it, he snuggles into his messenger bag and falls asleep almost instantly. If it?s nice and I have time, I walk from 9th st & 6th ave to Allen St & Delancey. If the weather is crap or I?m running late, I hop on the F train and hope it?s running somewhat normally. People on the F are dare I say, enchanted with the dog. He?s very sweet and quiet and chill so most people are interested. However we trek from west to east village, BLT is amicable. Once we get to work, he curls up on his little bed and waits until people show up so he can greet and cuddle with anyone who wishes to enjoy a puppy for half and hour or more.

After my day is over, we trek back to the train, repeat the morning?s activities and head home. At the end of the night people are generally in a better mood. I?m usually exhausted and wishing my dog didn?t weigh 25lbs so holding him on my sore-from-the-day?s-work back didn?t hurt exponentially more. Sometimes a kind person will offer me a seat. Depending on my day, I might take them up on it.

With doggy daycare, kind strangers willing to offer a scratch, numerous dog parks and a plethora of food bits and other dog butts to enjoy, the life of a dog in Manhattan is pretty damn good. I hope I get reincarnated as a dog. Any breed or mutt will do. But I do hope it?s a NYC metro-area dog, they seem to have it the best.

Posted on: 2010/3/17 3:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017