Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: GRE prep
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/12 16:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
If you can be self motivated and disciplined, the Barron's book will be all you need.

Yes, if you are self motivated and disciplined, a book is all you need. I got away with using only a Kaplan book, but I was fortunate enough to have the whole summer to prepare and a boss who WANTED me to study for the GREs at work. The book is a great starting point, but the CD-ROM inside the book was the most valuable tool for me. It had all sorts of exercises and even several mock-tests with time limits and difficulty-adjustment of questions and the whole deal.

Basically, if you're the type of person who can actively work on GRE prep all night after work and put in a solid 8 hours a day on your days off, then go for the book. Most libraries have it. However, if you might have trouble with that, i'd suggest signing up for a class.

Also, on a side note, when you sign up for a test, they'll send you a "prep packet" with a "mock test." Use these only as starting points to see what format the questions are in. That's their only use, bc the questions on the test are much more difficult. Wikipedia actually has better GRE test prep than the "prep packet" you'll get in the mail.

Posted on: 2010/1/25 14:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
If you can be self motivated and disciplined, the Barron's book will be all you need.

Posted on: 2010/1/25 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
I did the Princeton Review, and it was extremely helpful. My score went up about 250 points in each section, and went from 3 to 5.5 on the writing thanks to all their tips. It is pricey, but I wound up getting a great deal. I signed up at the Exchange Place location, and the class I signed up for got canceled b/c I was the only one enrolled. So I signed up for the next session. This also got canceled for the same reason. So, the company gave me the option of signing up for a third session, or private tutoring for the same price. I took the private tutoring - the teacher was great, I worked on what I was most concerned about, and it was based around my schedule.

Posted on: 2010/1/23 17:37

GRE prep
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
I'm going back to school, and I need to prepare for the GRE. I am so overwhelmed by the amount of prep materials and on-line info, that it is difficult to choose what's best. Can anyone suggest any books, courses etc. that are good. Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/1/23 15:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017