Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Drumthwacket? sufferin succotash!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
I just learned that the official residence for the Governor of New Jersey is named Drumthwacket. To me this sounds like the place Tweety Bird would go to get percussion lessons.

Drumthwacket is an Anglicization of two Scots Gaelic meaning "wooded hill."

I suppose you think Gracie Mansion is where George Burns met his wife...?

Posted on: 2010/1/23 15:44

Re: Drumthwacket? sufferin succotash!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Funny -- Drumthwacket is the name of the governor's mansion -- it's in Princeton - I just saw this today in the Journal... ------------------------------------------------------------ Not leaving Hoboken, Corzine says, in fact he'll get to enjoy it more Saturday, January 23, 2010 By AMY SARA CLARK JOURNAL STAFF WRITER HOBOKEN - For those wondering if former Gov. Jon Corzine might be leaving the Mile Square City now that his term in office is finished, a spokesman says the answer is a definitive "no." The former governor plans to stay in his Maxwell Place condo for the long haul and he'll be around town much more often, said spokesman Josh Zeitz. "He loves Hoboken," Zeitz said. "He fully intends to stay there - that's his home." Just this week, Corzine was moving furniture and paintings back to Maxwell Place from Drumthwacket, the governor's mansion, Zeitz said. Corzine, who grew up in Illinois, moved to Summit about 30 years ago, then to Hoboken's Hudson Tea building in 2003 after separating from his wife. Corzine moved into a condo at Maxwell Place in 2008. Hobokenites will no doubt see Corzine on the treadmill at the New York Sports Club, walking along the river, or at his favorite new wine bar, Bin 14. "He's actually really excited to spend more time in town," Zeitz said.

Posted on: 2010/1/23 15:39

Drumthwacket? sufferin succotash!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
I just learned that the official residence for the Governor of New Jersey is named Drumthwacket. To me this sounds like the place Tweety Bird would go to get percussion lessons.

Posted on: 2010/1/23 15:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017