Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: LINCOLN PARK TO GET FREE WI-FI AND SECURITY CAMERAS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
I doubt it will happen but I hope the security cameras are posted on the web. And the footage should be made public.

Posted on: 2009/11/18 22:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/5 14:14
Group:
Registered Users
Are the security cameras for when criminals make the connection that free wi-fi=free laptops?

Posted on: 2009/11/16 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/27 3:00
Group:
Registered Users
This is great! I realize this is a county park, but does anyone know which other parks in JC have cameras and/or wi-fi?

Posted on: 2009/11/16 16:19

LINCOLN PARK TO GET FREE WI-FI AND SECURITY CAMERAS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
LINCOLN PARK TO GET WI-FI AND CAMERAS

Monday, November 16, 2009
By MELISSA HAYES
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Lincoln Park is going hi-tech.

The Hudson County Board of Freeholders is spending nearly $350,000 to outfit the Jersey City park with security cameras and Wi-Fi Internet access.

The park will be the first of the county's nine parks to have both technologies.

Some of the parks have security cameras, but none so far have Wi-Fi capability, which gives users the ability to connect wirelessly to the Internet. "We're using this as a pilot," said Freeholder William O'Dea of Jersey City. "We're hopeful in a couple of years to get all the county parks done. We've already identified Stephen R. Gregg Park in Bayonne to be the next one."

The freeholders have approved a $348,232.08 contract with Kearny-based Johnson Communications to install the devices at Lincoln Park.

O'Dea said the county Sheriff's Office secured just under $100,000 in grants for the project. The county will pay the difference.

The security cameras would be focused on the athletic fields, including the track, tennis courts and baseball fields.

"The way we've proposed it now, it will cover more than 90 percent of the park," he said.

O'Dea said the cameras would serve as a deterrent to crime and help improve quality of life by helping identify people who may spray graffiti or otherwise damage the park.

It will also give staff at the clubhouse the ability to monitor which tennis courts are open.

"Over a two- or three-year period we'd like to get security cameras at all the parks," he said. "I think the reality of it is security cameras are becoming a modern way of not only fighting crime, but preventing crime."

With the exception of a few blind spots in the middle of large grassy areas, park-goers will be able to surf the Web from their laptops throughout most of the park.

Posted on: 2009/11/16 15:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017