Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jersey City resident Beatrice Johnston tells Oprah, and you, how to eat and dress
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Tells Oprah, and you, how to eat and dress

Friday, November 06, 2009
By MARIAM AYAD
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

For Oprah Winfrey, Jersey City resident Beatrice Johnston made a temporary return to her modeling days.

The 39-year-old nutrition consultant is featured in a fashion spread, "The Best Looks For Fall," in the November issue of "O" - Oprah Winfrey's monthly magazine.

The article is about wearing knits that fit flatteringly - for any body type.

"Fashion should be about looking good and feeling good," Johnston said. "You shouldn't have one without the other."

Johnston is the founder of Raw Pathways, a company that works with women on starting and maintaining a raw foods diet, which consists of raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes and whole grains cooked at or under 118 degrees.

The Web site, www.rawpathways.com, offers free tele-classes by Johnston as well as information on the diet and support forums.

"Perhaps you want to lose weight and or increase your energy. Or even, if you're like me, you want to improve the blotches on your skin (yes, sometimes vanity is a motivator)," Johnston says on her Web site. "Whether you're a meat eater, vegetarian, or vegan, I have some resources to get you started in your own time and on your own terms!"

Although she's nearing 40, Johnston said she looks and feels like she's in her 20s, and she attributes it to her eating habits.

"Through my eating habits I've been able to heal myself of asthma, hypoglycemia, fluctuating weight issues, acne and even mental anguish, and I love to share the wisdom and insight of my 23 years of experience in making healthy transitions," said Johnston, who became a vegetarian at 16.

Johnston claims her company and nutrition consulting services are different than others because she doesn't hold in the "all-or-nothing" belief.

Posted on: 2009/11/6 14:20

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017