Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Holland Tunnel tube reopens after diabetic shock driver slams into four cars in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
If you have seizures of diabetes, the concept of doctor-patient confidentiality is no longer relevant. They report you to the government and you lose your license. (this does not apply to old age despite the stronger statistical correlation and the ease with which the DMV has to determine your age).

Confidentiality really is no longer relevant at all - my doctor can report me to my insurance company due to a high (but in the safe range) test result as being an undue risk, thus in the long-term destroying my life. Thanks. (Yes the doctor reported raw data that was not necessary to reveal as it was already interpreted by the doctor, a lab never was involved). It's made me wonder ever since - being an indentured servant for health insurance due to preexisting condition risk of a condition that may never exist gave me time to think - whether things like negative STD results could be considered a risk factor. Surely that means you had something to worry about, so why should the insurance company not worry. I know negative heart tests can be considered positive by the insurance company for preexisting condition rules.

But it's interesting that this person still had his license, while there are others with the same condition who have it taken away. I assume he had seen a doctor previously, as the police wouldn't assume diabetic shock nor would the driver get this bad and not have been experiencing symptoms for some time beforehand. Or worse, he knew of the lack of confidentiality laws and refused to get treatment that would have prevented this.

We see a disproportionate portion of such afflicted people in this region as it's the only part of the country where you can live a normal life without being able to drive. 75% of the population of the country would starve to death without the ability to drive. (well subtracting many for having family that would take care of them.)

It seems that it's much better off to make sure you are always scamming the medical system (back), no matter how big your problems are. Well until you crash into four cars in a tunnel.

Posted on: 2009/9/23 11:35

Holland Tunnel tube reopens after diabetic shock driver slams into four cars in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Holland Tunnel tube reopens after driver slams into four cars in Jersey City

By Ken Thorbourne
The Jersey Journal
September 20, 2009, 8:26PM

Closed briefly tonight due to a driver slamming into four other vehicles around 14 Street and Marin Boulevard in Jersey City, the north tube of the Holland Tunnel -- the one that brings traffic into Jersey City -- has now been reopened, a Port Authority spokesman said.

A driver, who police believe suffered diabetic shock, plowed into two cars at a gas station at 14th Street and Marin Boulevard and then pulled out on 14th Street heading the wrong way and slammed into two more cars, according to Port Authority spokesman John Kelly.

The wrong-way driver and a 14-year-old girl in a different car suffered injuries. Kelly didn't immediately know the severity of those injuries.

Posted on: 2009/9/21 9:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017