Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New 'Idiot' site aims to help indecisive to decide
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

regulator wrote:
what do you mean mcdonalds is made of bread too?")

I dunno if I would call that bread....

Posted on: 2009/7/6 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
i have a much lower tech way of solving issues like 'where should we go eat?'...usually we just flip a coin since my gf and i are both bad at making seemingly simple decisions. when i went to get fancy, i'll just roll the dice (i have a dice app on my phone). the hardest part is assigning which food choice to be heads or tails ("well pizza is made of bread which rhymes with head, so it should be heads. what do you mean mcdonalds is made of bread too?")

Posted on: 2009/7/6 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
seems like a good idea, but the major flaw is you can vote as many times as you want. I just padded the Simpsons vs. Family Guy vote by over a hundred.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 15:18

New 'Idiot' site aims to help indecisive to decide
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
New 'Idiot' site aims to help indecisive to decide

Monday, July 06, 2009
By KATIE COLANERI
SPECIAL TO THE JERSEY JOURNAL

Look out, Google. There's a new noun being verbed!

Doreen Awiti of Bayonne - the 28-year-old founder of a new Web site to help you find not only a second, but a third, fourth, even 40th opinion on just about anything - is encouraging us to "Idiot it!"

Her www.Idiotblvd.com is an opinion sharing network that offers users the chance to post their indecisions and let the votes of countless anonymous others help them decide: This or that?

"Maybe you have (to get) a wedding gown and you don't know which one to pick," Awiti said. "You just send the link to your friends and they'll vote through the Web site."

Not just a solution for human indecision, businesses might also want to use this free site to conduct marketing surveys.

The site's name was inspired by Bayonne's own Kennedy Boulevard, but it all started in Africa.

Born and raised in Tanzania, Awiti is the third of seven children. As a child, she and her siblings were often enlisted to help their fashionable mother decide what to wear since she was consistently torn between two outfits.

When Awiti came to America, she discovered her new friends were plagued by the same chronic fashion dilemma and in need of her opinion. In September, armed with the marketing skills she acquired at New Jersey City University, she set out to build a Web site and create the Internet's latest quick fix.

Awiti left her hometown of Dar es Salaam at 22 to fulfill her father's wish that she would see America just as he had done during his college years at Harvard. She ended up in Santa Monica, Calif., but the desire to see snow for the first time brought her east to Jersey City.

Now a resident of Bayonne, this rising senior economics major has a passion for marketing fueled by her desire to one day be president and CEO of her own company.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 14:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017