Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New Jersey Discontinues Free Rabies Vaccine June 30, 2009
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Indeed, the state is withdrawing the money allocation that funded the free rabies vaccine program. While it is possible that JC was providing free rabies vaccines through a municipal budget allocation, it is much more likely that the funds for the city program were coming from the state budget allocation. As with most government programs, the money was probably distributed at the state level to local entities. The rationale being that local entities know best how to effectively implement programs and achieve the desired goals. Of course, that doesn't always work out, as some local entities find creative ways to re-route funds. In any case, if indeed the city program was being funded by state money, then it will most likely cease to exist once the state shutters the current program.

Anyway, the state had some legitimate concerns about the way the program's resources were being used and accounted for, so the plan is to change the way that the state provides free rabies vaccines. In other words, the state will continue to provide this service, but not in the same way as it is handled at this time.

For the record, I do not work for the government, nor do I own a pet at this time. Just passing along information on this topic, before the thread gets hijacked and turns into a diatribe about state government budget cuts.

Posted on: 2009/5/17 6:55

Re: New Jersey Discontinues Free Rabies Vaccine June 30, 2009
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

shadrack wrote:
While at the Downtown Veterinary Associates, I was informed that New Jersey will discontinue free rabies vaccine for pets statewide effective on June 30, 2009. I attempted to look for information on the state's website but was not successful. Does anyone have any additional information on this change?

Odd that they would say that. I always thought it was the city that paid for the vaccines. I searched and found this link.

Pinkowitz, do you know anything about the city stopping this?

Posted on: 2009/5/16 4:53

New Jersey Discontinues Free Rabies Vaccine June 30, 2009
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
While at the Downtown Veterinary Associates, I was informed that New Jersey will discontinue free rabies vaccine for pets statewide effective on June 30, 2009. I attempted to look for information on the state's website but was not successful. Does anyone have any additional information on this change?

Posted on: 2009/5/16 4:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017