Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: In Jersey City, nude models pitch in to help women rebuild their home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Very odd news article - here is more on Tony...
http://www.modelmayhem.com/276827

Posted on: 2009/4/4 13:32

In Jersey City, nude models pitch in to help women rebuild their home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
In Jersey City, nude models pitch in to help women rebuild their home

by Lisa Zimmermann
The Jersey Journal
Friday April 03, 2009

Resized Image
Eight nude models pile into a bathtub for a photo shoot to raise money for a woman and her mother who lost their home in a fire.

Nude models slathered with vegetable oil to the rescue.

When Jersey City photographer Tony KnightHawk learned his pregnant friend Kathleen Sullivan, 40, and her mother Dolores, 77, lost their home and virtually all their belongings in a fire in Garwood on Jan. 31, he put on his thinking cap to figure out how he could help.

KnightHawk landed on what he's calling his own "stimulus package" to help the Sullivans.

Using a Web site called Model Mayhem, KnightHawk put out the call for female models willing to pose nude in his Jersey City Heights bathtub -- for free -- to create posters to sell to raise money for the displaced fire victims.

Eight models responded. Bathed in vegetable oil -- to simulate water -- they gathered in KnightHawk's basement bathtub on March 14.

"Everyone sort of rallied around Kathleen after what happened," KnightHawk said. "The art community came together."

And they got gooey.

"We were trying not to make a mess on the floor. I have an allergy to baby oil so Tony went out of his way," said Jaye Lynn, 37, a model and laid-off IT manager who lives in Connecticut. "Vegetable oil is an easier rinse and still leaves a nice shine.

Lynn didn't hesitate to volunteer.

"I believe in karma," she said. "I would like to believe that if I needed help someone would be there for me."

KnightHawk met Kathleen online 10 years ago. She was his printer, model and girlfriend for a while and they have remained close over the years, he said.

"She (Kathleen) was my inspiration to get my art printed," he said. "She's really a good person who needs a break, her entire life she has spent taking care of other people."
Dolores Sullivan suffers from Alzheimer's.

With no home, Kathleen, who is due to give birth in six months, is staying with a friend and Dolores is staying with another daughter.

The family plans to rebuild their home. Their fire insurance lapsed when Dolores forgot to make a payment, Kathleen said.

KnightHawk's goal for "The Raise the RED Roof Fund" is to raise $10,000 a month for six months from poster sales so Kathleen can have a roof over her head by the time her baby is born. Kathleen's nickname is "Red."

"The support (of the community) has been overwhelming," Kathleen said. "We've been blessed with all the help."

Posted on: 2009/4/4 12:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017