Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking around McGinley Square
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/4 19:36
From McGinley Square / Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
I live right around here, and don't have a huge amount of first-hand experience with the parking, as I have a driveway, but it's really not as bad as people let on. On the few occasions I've needed on-street parking, I've always found a spot within 3 blocks (usually 1 block) and within a few minutes every time. At one point I temporarily lived in one of the apartment buildings here with no parking, and every time I saw another resident go to park their car after unloading groceries, they'd be back within 5 minutes. There is no zone permit required in this part of town.

As for parking lots, there are a couple of them on Bergen, a block or two away. I think they're around $80 a month. The JC Women's Club on Fairmount between JFK and Westside rents out some spots, but I think it's $125 or $150, which is kind of nuts for a non-garage space. Various people in the neighborhood rent out spaces behind their homes too.

Quote:

newinnjjc wrote:
Going to be around Kennedy and Duncan - I was told I don't need a permit but I've noticed parking seems sparce and would like to figure out a parking situation.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 21:43

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/27 12:39
Group:
Registered Users
oh sht! wassup rajah, it's diego..

um the parking authority isn't too crazy around the area except for street cleaning... to be on the safe side i'd follow the 9 to 9... but meter maids are hardly around anyway... from experience... its usually "no meter no quarter"

as for those parking lots... i'm trying to think of where it's on... the only space that i can think of is on fairmount... is that it?

on a side note: when's the new spot opening?

Posted on: 2009/3/24 20:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/19 13:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I know that on Tuers and Mercer, the zone permit rules are enforced. If I were you, I'd definitely play it safe and just get the permit.

Not to thread jack, but on another note, does anyone have any information about the McGinley Square shopper's parking lot? It's a train wreck of a space.

Amongst the things that confuse about the lot is the "No parking" that was tagged on both sides of the parking lot sign. I dont know if this was a simple act of vandalism or if the owners of the lot did it themselves. Just seems a bit odd to me.

Another thing is the a sign posted on the fence, near the entrance, that says metered parking from 9 to 6pm, but then on the meters, it says 9 to 9. Which one am I supposed to follow?

And last but not least, some of the meters are missing and only a handful are in the lot. Are these meter-less spaces being rented out?

Ive asked a few POs about the lot but none of them could give me any solid info. Thanks in advance for any info.

*edit sorry just caught your Kennedy / Duncan post. Not to familiar with the zone parking around there.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 20:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/16 14:24
Group:
Registered Users
Going to be around Kennedy and Duncan - I was told I don't need a permit but I've noticed parking seems sparce and would like to figure out a parking situation.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
Im looking for a decent spot near summit and academy for myself. The only lot available right now is across the street from the crack house on academy and baldwin where that girl was shot up 2 months ago. My roommate rents from that lot...god bless her.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 20:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/27 12:39
Group:
Registered Users
can you be more specific as in the street where you will be moving to?

as fas as i know, there isn't any permit parking around mcginley square... and as far as the lots go... it depends where is it you're living... i rent a spot but it not a lot, i rent it from a neighbor

Posted on: 2009/3/24 18:34

Parking around McGinley Square

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/16 14:24
Group:
Registered Users
I am moving to the area in a month and so far I am totally baffled by the parking zones. So, Is a permit required for the McGinely Square area? AND, does anyone know of any parking lots in the area that a space can be rented?

Posted on: 2009/3/24 18:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017