Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Westside: Traffic-safety campaigner gets scary note: "Stop or else think about your kids!"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Why wasnt this on video if hes doing the recording. Gotta setup a camera 24/7 on the house & car.

Posted on: 2009/3/24 14:48

Re: Westside: Traffic-safety campaigner gets scary note: "Stop or else think about your kids!"
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/25 11:02
Group:
Registered Users
That's effed up! He must be getting a lot of that diverted traffic from the Tonnele Circle construction. I wonder if he just videotaped "the wrong guy" or if this is how the DOT is dealing with public criticism ;)

Posted on: 2009/3/24 3:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
[img]
View Larger Map[/img] It's the Heights not the Westside

Posted on: 2009/3/23 23:16

Westside: Traffic-safety campaigner gets scary note: "Stop or else think about your kids!"
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Traffic-safety campaign takes scary turn

Monday, March 23, 2009
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City father of two who is campaigning to have traffic patterns reversed on his street is now dealing with a threat to his kids, police reports said.

Richard Young, 34, who has 3- and 4-year-old sons, told police he found a handwritten note reading "Stop or else think about your kids!" under the windshield wiper of his sports utility vehicle last week.

Young believes the note was left on his SUV because he started filming drivers behaving lawlessly.

Some drivers, Young said, race up a hill on Carlton Avenue and then fail to stop at a stop sign at Carlton and Liberty Avenue, near where he lives. Other motorists drive north on Liberty Avenue even though the street was changed to a southbound road in December.

And since the one block of Carlton Avenue between Tonnelle and Liberty avenues was changed from a one-way street heading west to a two-way street in December - a change Young wants reversed - Young said drivers are now making dangerous left turns up Carlton Avenue from southbound Tonnelle Avenue lanes.

Police have responded to Young's more than six hours of video tape with stepped up enforcement in the area, which Young is convinced prompted the threat. Police officials confirmed they are investigating the threat.

"Is it really such a crime that I want to protect my children?" Young said. "I am really concerned about the safety of my kid and my baby."

Young, who has collected 200 signatures from residents wanting to stop two-way traffic on his street, said he is not backing down. He will be holding a community meeting in the basement of 129 Carlton Ave. tonight at 6.

Posted on: 2009/3/23 22:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017