Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Name dropping did not help Director of NJ Center for Hispanic Policy's DUI charge in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Jersey City cops ignored her name dropping and busted her -- what are you talking about???

JCPD did a great job here!

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Patronage and alcohol win the day in Jersey City.

I'm talking about the lame-ass jobs that are created for people and the acceptance of alcohol abuse in City Hall. Get ahold of yourself there GP.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 15:16

Re: Name dropping did not help Director of NJ Center for Hispanic Policy's DUI charge in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City cops ignored her name dropping and busted her -- what are you talking about???

JCPD did a great job here!

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2009/3/9 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The Center for Hispanic Policy, Research and Development is part of the state's Department of Community Affairs???

Posted on: 2009/3/9 15:04

Name dropping did not help Director of NJ Center for Hispanic Policy's DUI charge in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Director of state Center for Hispanic Policy charged with DUI in Jersey City

by Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
Saturday March 07, 2009, 11:14 AM

The director of the state Center for Hispanic Policy, Research and Development was charged with drunken driving in Jersey City Thursday night, according to a report in the Jersey Journal. Officers said Angie Armand was abusive and tried to use her connections to get out of trouble, officials said.

According to the report, Armand, from Jersey City, was arrested on Pinecrest Road and Oakdale Road at 8:33 p.m., officials said. Police traveling northbound on Route 440 said they narrowly avoided a head-on collision with Armand, who was driving her Honda Accord south in the northbound lanes, police said.
Google MapsPinecrest Road and Oakdale Road, Jersey City

According to the Jersey Journal, when stopped, Armond, 44, told officers that her brother was a Newark police officer and that police were "supposed to let" her go, according to the police report.

The Jersey Journal also reports that at the Sheriff's Office, Armand became enraged when told to take a Breathalyzer test, according to the police report.

"My brother is a cop. Why are you doing this to me?" she asked, the report said. Armond then told an officer to "go to hell," according to the police report.

In a holding cell, Armand "became loud and aggressive," threatened to sue officers and said she knew Hudson County Sheriff Juan M. Perez, according to the police report.

The Center for Hispanic Policy, Research and Development is part of the state's Department of Community Affairs.

=======================

Name dropping did not help in city DUI charge
Saturday, March 07, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The director of the state Center for Hispanic Policy, Research and Development was charged with drunken driving in Jersey City Thursday night, and arresting officers said she was abusive and tried to use her connections to get out of trouble, officials said.

Angie Armand, 44, of Lembeck Avenue in Jersey City, was arrested at 8:33 p.m. at Pinecrest and Oakdale roads, officials said. She was charged with driving under the influence, reports said.
Advertisement

The Center for Hispanic Policy, Research and Development is part of the state's Department of Community Affairs. Attempts to reach Armand through her office last night were unsuccessful.

Sheriff's officers traveling northbound on Route 440 said they narrowly avoided a head-on collision with Armand, who was driving her Honda Accord south in the northbound lanes, reports said. The officers put on their flashing lights and pulled her over at Country Village. That's when Armand became irate, reports said.

"My brother is a Newark police officer and you guys are supposed to let me go!" Armand is quoted in the police report. Officers smelled alcohol and Armand failed a sobriety test, reports said.

At the Sheriff's Office, Armand became enraged when told to take a Breathalyzer test, reports said. "My brother is a cop. Why are you doing this to me?" she asked, the report said, adding that she told an officer to "go to hell."

In a holding cell, Armand asked for medical attention, reports said, and then refused to get in an ambulance. She then "became loud and aggressive," threatened to sue officers and said she knew Hudson County Sheriff Juan M. Perez, reports said.

Eventually, Armand was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center for evaluation, reports said. Armand's sister met her at the hospital, reports said.

=================================
No comment on director's arrest, says Doria

Monday, March 09, 2009
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Three days after a state director for Hispanic affairs was arrested Thursday night in Jersey City for driving under the influence and allegedly trying to use her connections to avoid arrest, her boss refused to comment.

Joseph Doria Jr., the director of the Department of Community Affairs and former mayor of Bayonne, yesterday said he only learned about the incident after reading the newspaper Saturday, and wants to find out what happened for himself.

"I have to get all details and information about exactly what took place and move on from there," Doria said. "I am not going to comment about something I have no knowledge of."

Sheriff's officers who arrested Angie Armand, 44, said in reports that after stopping Armand following a near head-on collision with her on Route 440 as she drove south in the northbound lane, she became abusive and tried to use her connections to get out of trouble.

Armand, the director of the state Center for Hispanic Policy, Research and Development, was arrested at 8:33 p.m. at Pinecrest and Oakdale roads, officials said. She was charged with driving under the influence, reports said.

Armand became irate when the sheriff's officers pulled her over and told them that her brother is a Newark police officer and that they were "supposed" to let her go, reports said. After being asked to do a sobriety test, which she failed, and take a Breathalyzer test, she told an officer to "go to hell," reports said. In a holding cell, Armand "became loud and aggressive," threatened to sue officers and said she knew Hudson County Sheriff Juan M. Perez, reports said.

She was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center for evaluation, reports said.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 14:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017