Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Morristown alleged Bloods gang member gets 9-year sentence in beating plot of Jersey City man
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, it seems like Nitty Grits was working on a sequel for
Resized Image
Seven Brides for one Blood? or something....

Posted on: 2009/2/22 15:17

Re: Morristown alleged Bloods gang member gets 9-year sentence in beating plot of Jersey City man
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
With that many mothers and kids he needs more then an apartment, he needs a commune. Hey someone give this guy a condom.

Posted on: 2009/2/22 14:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/27 16:58
Group:
Banned
Nitty Grits is probably the best nickname ever invented.

Posted on: 2009/2/22 13:46

Morristown alleged Bloods gang member gets 9-year sentence in beating plot of Jersey City man
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Morristown man gets 9-year sentence in beating plot
Drug trafficking charges dropped per plea agreement

By Peggy Wright ? Daily Record ? February 21, 2009

A father of 14 children was sentenced Friday to nine years in state prison on his guilty plea to conspiring with others in 2006 to severely beat a Jersey City resident.

He originally was accused three years ago of being the leader of a drug network in Morris County.

Tyson "Nitty Grits" McCoy, 28, of Morristown, had faced multiple serious charges if he went to trial but he pleaded guilty in January to one count of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault, a charge amended from an original allegation of conspiracy to commit murder.

McCoy, who fathered 14 children with at least seven women, admitted that from Sept. 8 to Sept. 9, 2006, in Morristown, he conspired with others to severely beat Jersey City resident Tyquan Cutler.

Authorities have said that McCoy lured Cutler into town with the intent to harm him but police learned of the plot and stopped it by meeting the intended victim at the Morristown train station before he could keep his appointment with McCoy.

County Assistant Prosecutor Brad Seabury asked Superior Court Judge John B. Dangler to sentence McCoy to 10 years in state prison, with 85 percent of the term to be served before parole consideration. Defense lawyer Carl Herman asked for a nine-year term, which the judge imposed. The nine years carries the same 85 percent parole ineligibility period.

McCoy will get credit for 845 days he has spent in the county jail since his arrest in October 2006, when he was rounded up with two dozen other people as part of the prosecutor office's "Operation Direct Pressure" that targeted alleged Bloods gang members and dealers of cocaine and marijuana. McCoy has not admitted in court to being a gang member

In exchange for his plea, the prosecutor's office agreed to dismiss charges that McCoy was the leader of a drug trafficking network in 2006, employed a juvenile in a drug distribution scheme, recruited gang members, and other offenses.
Advertisement

Dangler noted that McCoy has a lengthy juvenile record and five adult convictions. McCoy's father died after serving a long prison sentence, Dangler said, and he advised McCoy to change his ways and keep his children in mind so that they don't repeat a generational cycle of criminal wrongdoing. According to a court document signed by McCoy, the mothers of his children rely on welfare assistance to survive.

McCoy was even shot in the buttocks in 2005 and it didn't deter him from crime, Dangler said.

"It apparently didn't cause a major change in his behavior," the judge said.

McCoy vowed to the judge that he has changed, saying he has done a lot of soul-searching since he was arrested in October 2006.

"I know now I don't belong in jail. I belong with my family and my 14 kids," McCoy said. "I'm suffering now and my family's also suffering."

Seabury, the assistant prosecutor, noted McCoy's eloquence in court.

"Listening to the defendant, he is articulate. I wish he had used some of those (abilities) when he was out on the street," Seabury said.

Posted on: 2009/2/22 12:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017