Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: RECOMMENDED SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR NEW RESIDENTS???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcjazz wrote:
Any recommendations as far as home security and/or general safety precautions to utilize in this city?

I am a new resident in Jersey City. I have visited many times to the Westside area and enjoy the family neighborhood vibe. However the proximity to the highway and previous crimes and gang violence make me wary. I have only heard of bad experiences with home security systems and their companies, and it is too soon to get a dog.

Does anyone have any good ideas to deter burglary and home invasion, or general safety tips walking home from parking my car at night? Things to watch out for?

Call your Westside JCPD West District Command. They have many brochures with suggestions for better safety. Also, read the topic thread posted here entitled, "Downtown Jersey City Watch - Updates". While it focuses on the East District there are many tips, contacts there that might be useful.

Good luck and keep safe!

Posted on: 2008/11/30 5:03
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

RECOMMENDED SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR NEW RESIDENTS???

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/4 7:24
Group:
Registered Users
Any recommendations as far as home security and/or general safety precautions to utilize in this city?

I am a new resident in Jersey City. I have visited many times to the Westside area and enjoy the family neighborhood vibe. However the proximity to the highway and previous crimes and gang violence make me wary. I have only heard of bad experiences with home security systems and their companies, and it is too soon to get a dog.

Does anyone have any good ideas to deter burglary and home invasion, or general safety tips walking home from parking my car at night? Things to watch out for?

Posted on: 2008/11/30 3:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017