Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: VVP Permit Question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
I downloaded this from the Official City of Jersey City website, hope it helps.

Regulations Governing Privately Sponsored Events in Municipal Parks

Birthday Celebrations

128.007.D
Child's Birthday

128.007 D.1
Children Under 10 Years of Age

1) Application for permit for child's birthday celebration in municipal park must be filed with the City Clerk's Office no later than 6 months in advance of said celebration. There is a $625.00 fee, cash only.

2) Proof of child's birthdate must be submitted at time of application.

3) Permits will be effective only for the actual birthdate or 1 day prior or after.

4) All attendees must be registered with and licensed by the Child Control Board of The City of Jersey City. Tags must be visable at all times.

5) Inflatable latex decorations may not be inflated beyond 5 PSI and not above 75% inflation capacity and may not resemble male genetalia or fashioned or assembled into "suggestive" shapes.

6) Birthday clowns must be licensed by the State Board of Clowns of the State of New Jersey.

7) Blindfolds, when necessary for children's games, may not obscure the child's vision by more than 25%.

8) All cakes and foodstuffs must be clearly labelled for sugar and allergen content.

9) There are to be no Cheerios conveyed to, displayed or consumed on the premises.

10) If and when the traditional "Happy Birthday" song is sung, all children and adults within a 25' radius of the cake MUST sing.

11) Pinatas may not contain live bees, hornets, wasps, paint, caustic liquids, live ammunition or Cheerios.

12) Children are not permitted in dog runs unless accompanied by a licensed and registered canine. Dachshunds without heads are not permitted unless accompanied by a butler wearing a tuxedo and carrying a silver tray.

13) The retail value of the combined contents of goodie bags must be equal to or greater than $47 US.

14) Organizers must secure the services of no less than 3 off duty police officers for the purposes of crowd control.

15) If cakes are decorated with candles, the presence of the Jersey City Fire Departmant is required at the expense of the organizers.

16) Trick re-igniting candles must be properly disposed of under the supervision of the Jersey City Bomb Squad at the organizer's expense.

Well done!

Posted on: 2008/8/12 20:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/15 13:37
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Fasteddie; clever and funny!! Thanks.
Parkman; I'll get back to you and pm you when i have more details. Thank you.

Posted on: 2008/8/12 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
genius! i was about to pop an artery through the first few lines.

Posted on: 2008/8/12 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
I downloaded this from the Official City of Jersey City website, hope it helps.

Regulations Governing Privately Sponsored Events in Municipal Parks

Birthday Celebrations

128.007.D
Child's Birthday

128.007 D.1
Children Under 10 Years of Age

1) Application for permit for child's birthday celebration in municipal park must be filed with the City Clerk's Office no later than 6 months in advance of said celebration. There is a $625.00 fee, cash only.

2) Proof of child's birthdate must be submitted at time of application.

3) Permits will be effective only for the actual birthdate or 1 day prior or after.

4) All attendees must be registered with and licensed by the Child Control Board of The City of Jersey City. Tags must be visable at all times.

5) Inflatable latex decorations may not be inflated beyond 5 PSI and not above 75% inflation capacity and may not resemble male genetalia or fashioned or assembled into "suggestive" shapes.

6) Birthday clowns must be licensed by the State Board of Clowns of the State of New Jersey.

7) Blindfolds, when necessary for children's games, may not obscure the child's vision by more than 25%.

8) All cakes and foodstuffs must be clearly labelled for sugar and allergen content.

9) There are to be no Cheerios conveyed to, displayed or consumed on the premises.

10) If and when the traditional "Happy Birthday" song is sung, all children and adults within a 25' radius of the cake MUST sing.

11) Pinatas may not contain live bees, hornets, wasps, paint, caustic liquids, live ammunition or Cheerios.

12) Children are not permitted in dog runs unless accompanied by a licensed and registered canine. Dachshunds without heads are not permitted unless accompanied by a butler wearing a tuxedo and carrying a silver tray.

13) The retail value of the combined contents of goodie bags must be equal to or greater than $47 US.

14) Organizers must secure the services of no less than 3 off duty police officers for the purposes of crowd control.

15) If cakes are decorated with candles, the presence of the Jersey City Fire Departmant is required at the expense of the organizers.

16) Trick re-igniting candles must be properly disposed of under the supervision of the Jersey City Bomb Squad at the organizer's expense.

Posted on: 2008/8/12 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCking wrote:
Is a permit required to celebrate a kids birthday at VVP? I've seen parents get there early in the past to set up balloons and a table to celebrate their child's b'day. Is it first come, first...or does one need a permit?
Please PM me with the particulars and I will tell you if you need a permit. There are some circumstances that would require you apply for one, such as a particular date when we already have an event planned, total amount of people in your party, time of day, music, etc.

If you need one I can help you through the process but in general it is usually not required. As a courtesy, please check with me when you want to plan an event in VVP Park. I can make suggestions and also provide you with additional information about what facilities we have to offer.

-parkman

Posted on: 2008/8/12 13:13

VVP Permit Question

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/15 13:37
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Is a permit required to celebrate a kids birthday at VVP? I've seen parents get there early in the past to set up balloons and a table to celebrate their child's b'day. Is it first come, first...or does one need a permit?

Posted on: 2008/8/12 12:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017