Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: USPS Carrier Pick up defunct?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Thank you to USPS Montgomery Post Office for your professionalism today answering my questions, apologizing for an oversight and fixing the issues. You were great today and I really appreciate it! Yah for great service! :)

Posted on: 2008/8/7 13:52

Re: USPS Carrier Pick up defunct?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 0:09
Group:
Registered Users
As a city dweller, you do need to call up USPS for a pick up or use this handy link to carrier pickup.

You stated that you have already done this, but in my experience, the Montgomery office needs extensive and vigorous followup.

Otherwise, you could just bring it to the window at the post office, like any other package, you just have the benefit of having already paid for it.

Posted on: 2008/8/6 22:15
Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it.
It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever.
--Noam Chomsky

USPS Carrier Pick up defunct?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
I ordered Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes that provide costly shipping at $9.30/box. But the benefits are you can print and pay for the label at home and order the carrier to pick up for free (even entering specific instructions on location of items) the next day.

What happens? No carrier pick up for 2 days. I ask my post man today why he didn't pick them up and he stated as 'walking carriers' they are not allowed to pick up any sized box (they are small and light, but I see their point) and a truck will come by who has key access to the apartment building and pick them up. NO TRUCK PICKED UP.

My 2-3 business day delivery to my customers is now 2 days of waiting for carrier to pick up. USPS customer service says I need to phone the Montgomery Post office to ask why they haven't come by yet.

Has anyone else had this issue? It seems silly to go through the extra cost and trouble of online ordering "Try Free carrier pick up" if they don't show up to do the job. I've already paid the post office for this service and now I'll likely have to line up at the post office (INSERT TERROR HERE) to deliver them late, but not terribly late.

Posted on: 2008/8/6 22:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017