Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Lincoln Park/ Peter's College area: Fast Food Owner mugged - Cam could solve robbery.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
There is a Hollywood Chicken around Bergen & Glenwood corner -- I wonder if that is where this owner was walking from when he got mugged on Jewett. I think Hollywood is owned by the same guys who own Crown Chicken on Communipaw -- My bag from the Hollywood downtown always says Crown Chicken on it.

=====================
Cam could solve robbery

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jersey City police are hoping a grocery store security camera contains images of two robbers who assaulted a city fast-food restaurant owner as he walked home with the day's receipts yesterday, officials said.

The 42-year-old Jewett Avenue man told police that at 12:50 a.m. he left his business at Bergen and Glenwood avenues and realized he was being followed by two men, reports said. When he walked up to a random doorway on Jewett Avenue in a ruse to make them think he'd reached his home, one of them punched him in the back of the head and knocked him to the ground, reports said.

When the victim tried to fight back, the robber repeatedly punched him in the face before taking the $2,000 he was carrying, reports said, adding that he described the men as being 18 or 19 years old.

Officers believe a security camera may have captured images of the robbers as they ran away, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2008/6/17 14:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017