Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Is Foghorn Leghorn allowed in Jersey City?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
wow. and there you have it, folks.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 19:12

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 7:43
From HPJC
Group:
Registered Users
Check out this topic.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... =&topic_id=11719&forum=11

BrightMoment wrote:

Chapter 90 ANIMALS

ARTICLE II Birds and Poultry [Adopted 5-4-1971 as Ch. 5, Art. II, of the 1971 Jersey City Code, as readopted 9-19-1978 by Ord. No. S-128]

? 90-7. License required; fee; expiration. [Amended 4-12-1988 by Ord. No. C-730]*

No person shall keep pigeons, chickens or other poultry without having first obtained a license from the license issuing authority. The annual fee shall be as set forth in Ch. 160, Fees and Charges, and licenses shall expire on April 30 of each year.

* Editor?s Note: Amended at time of adoption of Code; see Ch. 1, General Provisions, Art. I.

90-6. Location; number restricted.

No pigeons, chickens or other poultry shall be kept within 25 feet of any structure owned by another and used for human habitation, occupation or assembly, provided that in no case shall any person or persons be permitted to keep more than 50 chickens, ducks or other poultry, including pigeons. No pigeons, chickens or other poultry shall be permitted to run, fly or stray within 25 feet of such structure, provided that this shall not apply to homing pigeons.

? 90-8. Requirements for housing or coops.

The following regulations and conditions for the keeping and housing of pigeons, chickens and other poultry shall be complied with.

A. The house or coop shall be dry and well ventilated, with windows so placed, if possible, as to admit sunlight.
B. The house or coop shall be well whitewashed or painted therein.
C. The house or coop shall be cleaned at least once a week between November 1 and May 1, twice a week between May 1 and November 1 and, if necessary, to be cleaned more often and to be disinfected.
D. Perches shall be removable and kept clean.
E. Chicken nests shall be removable, cleaned, aired and sunned at frequent intervals.
F. Drinking fountains in the area where the house or coop is located shall be cleaned and supplied at all times with clean water.
G. The yard in the area where the house or coop is located shall be clean and free from odors.

? 90-9. Revocation of license.

If the above conditions and regulations are not complied with the license shall be revoked, provided that nothing herein shall apply to the pigeons, chickens or other poultry confined in coops in regular licensed markets or stores for the sale, slaughter and plucking of poultry.

? 90-10. Revocation due to environmental changes.

Whenever, in the opinion of the Division of Health, the environment in an area has changed since granting the license to keep and maintain pigeons, chickens or other poultry therein to such an extent that the maintenance thereof may constitute a nuisance, such license may be revoked by the Health Officer.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 18:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Tricky. I'd just pick up the phone and ask city hall. I doubt the website would have any info on barnyard animals in JC. My ex-girlfriend's neighbors called the town of Holmdel on her because she had a pet goat. Turns out it was ok to have one. So, she went and rented additional barnyard animals every so often to stroll around her yard (just to piss off her neighbors). I'd feel bad if somebody had to give up their pet rooster, but seriously......does cuckadoodle reeeeeally early in the morning?

Posted on: 2008/1/15 18:41

Is Foghorn Leghorn allowed in Jersey City?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/21 15:03
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Are roosters allowed in Jersey City? I can't find anything on the municpal oridinance website saying anything against them. A few doors down from where I live someone has a rooster that is constantly roosting or crowing or whatever you call it. It makes noise all morning. It is annoying like car alarms that sound for 5 minutes.

Posted on: 2008/1/15 18:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017