Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Drunk in Hoboken - Lepre-Con Bar Crawl is Today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
City hall can place conditions or even cancel their liquor license if bar owners don't follow the standard conditions; serving intoxicated patrons or promoting alcohol usage irresponsibly - All it will take is a motor accident involving death by a 'bar crawl' participant that was never refused alcohol from any bar they attended - the victim's family can sue the bar establishment and city hall if negligence can be shown ... which wouldn't be that hard !

Posted on: 2015/3/8 23:07
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Admittedly its more fun when it's warmer out, and all the drunk frat boys are in tank tops (showing off the muscles that will not last long if they keep up drinking like this LOL), and you can sit on the the lawn of City Hall with a cupcake with green icing to watch the tragedy unfold.

Of course, you do have to keep arms-length from projectile vomiting, drunken bumps and grabs, etc.

Posted on: 2015/3/8 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I don't understand how bar owners are allowed to blatantly promote a 'bar crawl' without city hall or Police stepping in and having some sort of checks and balances in place.

Legally, I don't think they can stop it.

The city already shut down the St Patrick's Day Parade, as it was ludicrously out of control. I haven't been in Hoboken during the crawl since it started (I avoid it, frankly) but it does sound tamer than the previous parades.

The parade was not out of control it was the newer residents and the drunken out of towners causing a problems.

Posted on: 2015/3/8 15:56
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I don't understand how bar owners are allowed to blatantly promote a 'bar crawl' without city hall or Police stepping in and having some sort of checks and balances in place.

The city already shut down the St Patrick's Day Parade, as it was ludicrously out of control. I haven't been in Hoboken during the crawl since it started (I avoid it, frankly) but it does sound tamer than the previous parades.

There were fewer people on the PATH train going to Hoboken dressed in their St. Paddys day drag, (cheap green paper hats, green plastic beads and green clothes). Only one drunk stumbled onto the PATH train later that night when I was coming home.

Posted on: 2015/3/8 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2015/3/8 13:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Celebrating St Patrick's Day is one thing, however promoting irresponsible alcohol abuse via a 'bar crawl' is something different all together considering they are promoting 25 bars!

How does one sue (a bar for providing alcohol to someone intoxicated and individual) if you're a victim of an intoxicated participant via a road accident or assault ?

Posted on: 2015/3/8 5:14
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/27 22:17
Group:
Registered Users
I once made the mistake of going down to Hoboken on Fake St. Patrick's Day where I slipped on vomit, had a huge, bleary-eyed behemoth in a green vest grab my shoulder and push me hard, and saw a young woman passed out in a fetal position on the sidewalk at 1 in the afternoon.
I guess it's a fun time if you're pickled, but not so much when you're just trying to do some grocery shopping.

Posted on: 2015/3/8 4:35

Drunk in Hoboken - Lepre-Con Bar Crawl is Today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Kathryn Brenzel | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
on March 07, 2015 at 10:16 AM, updated March 07, 2015 at 10:24 AM

HOBOKEN--It's 9:30 a.m., and a growing crowd outside Teak on the Hudson is ready to start drinking.

The bar is the first to open for the St. Patrick's Day Bar Crawl, an annual event in Hoboken now in its fourth year that is unofficially known as "Lepre-Con." More than 5300 people have purchased passes to the event, which includes 25 bars in the Mile Square City, said Eddie Miller, chief executive officer of Wesell.com, the parent company of the event's organizer,

HobokenStPatricksDay.com. He said the bar crawl is expected to draw at least 800 people outside of the metro area. A majority of the bars will open their doors at 11 a.m.

More

Posted on: 2015/3/7 15:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017