Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Does the JC Post Office still re-deliver packages?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
I live downtown near vvp, and have not noticed this.

btw, I'm the original poster - I went to pick up my package today with my pink slip. It appeared that I actually had 2 packages waiting for me - the postman only left a slip for one of them. The lady behind the window (very helpful and polite) found both when she went to look.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Thank you for the link. Another odd occurrence (albeit not at all common) is that sometimes I get mail that has OBVIOUSLY been opened. I am not accusing the mailman of opening my letters, but I think it is super weird to get envelopes that show signs of being tampered with, or which have been opened. This happens a few times per year. Anyone else having these issues?

Posted on: 2013/12/3 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for the link. Another odd occurrence (albeit not at all common) is that sometimes I get mail that has OBVIOUSLY been opened. I am not accusing the mailman of opening my letters, but I think it is super weird to get envelopes that show signs of being tampered with, or which have been opened. This happens a few times per year. Anyone else having these issues?

Posted on: 2013/12/3 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Same experience as I_heart_JC.

Making matters worse: showing up at the Bergen Avenue location, to pick up the package for which a slip was left, and being told they can't find it.

After asking the lady to check again, she miraculously finds it during her second check.

As the song goes: "something ain't right"

Prob just a waste of time but I've started filing a complaint everytime something like this happens.

http://faq.usps.com/adaptivedesktop/f ... p?ef=USPSFAQ&dest=EmailUs

Posted on: 2013/12/3 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Same experience as I_heart_JC.

Making matters worse: showing up at the Bergen Avenue location, to pick up the package for which a slip was left, and being told they can't find it.

After asking the lady to check again, she miraculously finds it during her second check.

As the song goes: "something ain't right"

Posted on: 2013/12/3 14:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
I got a pink slip from the Post Office from Saturday (even thought I buzzed the door for the post man!!!), and I tried the USPS website and entered my street address. Got a message that they don't redeliver at this address. Then I tried calling the Post Office, and it's the land of the eternal ring - it just rings and rings and rings and rings.

So - is this one of the services they've cut as a result of their budget crisis?

I don't even get a buzz. just a "sorry we missed you" note, instructing me to pick up my package.

I work from home. they didn't miss me. they simply didn't bother.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I've lived in this building (in downtown JC) for the past 6 years, and the mailman (USPS, UPS, FEDEX, AMZN) always buzz our door bell, we buzz the door open, and he drops (literally "drops" as I can hear the loud thud via the intercomm) in our lobby (small brownstone building, no doorman). They never walk up to the 4th flr (walkup building).

This is the first time that he buzzed but only left a pink slip (I've had many times where he never leaves a slip, but I only found out once look up the tracking info online).

I'm aware of the other thread - as I've contributed many "comments" of love and hate (probably mostly hate) there.

Oh well...

I'll try the web site again later today, but didn't have luck this morning...

Quote:

Kelcey wrote:
I, too, think it's impressive that you got a note. I'll be really impressed if the post office can find your package.

But I am curious.... Has your postal worker come into your building and delivered packages to your apartment/condo door in the past? I've never heard of that happening in JC. I think the expectation is that you go down to the building front door, which may be why you ended up with a slip instead of a package. But I may be completely wrong about this.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
I, too, think it's impressive that you got a note. I'll be really impressed if the post office can find your package.

But I am curious.... Has your postal worker come into your building and delivered packages to your apartment/condo door in the past? I've never heard of that happening in JC. I think the expectation is that you go down to the building front door, which may be why you ended up with a slip instead of a package. But I may be completely wrong about this.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just to correct the poster two before: the correct site is usps.com, not usps.org.

To get your mail redelivered, go to USPS :: Schedule a Redelivery.

There is an epic thread in JCLIST about the horrendous mail service in our city. If you search for it, you will realize that the comment about getting a slip is indeed something to be happy about and celebrate. I have had packages sent back with nary a slip left, and more than once have received "LAST NOTICE" slips when none had been left before. In short, we have atrocious mail service in town. Unfortunate, because the US Postal Service is a truly outstanding operation and my experience in other cities and states has been consistently good, sometimes even amazing.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I really hope you people aren't just buzzing whoever into your building? No one is that horrible of a neighbor are they?

Posted on: 2013/12/2 16:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/30 15:54
Group:
Registered Users
Mostly, in my experience, Amazon is lately requiring signatures,
so just clicking the door open won't do it.
Does the slip say anything? I've had good luck with the re-delivery
Go to USPS.ORG, and you can schedule it using the number on the slip.
It is LOTS better than going into the
post office on Bergen, where they can never seem
to find my package. I've had no problem with the package
delivery person, although this time of year, they like UPS,
have on lots of temporaries.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Haha - I guess I was lucky that I got a slip. ALTHOUGH - the mailman did ring the bell, and I buzzed open the front door downstairs. BUt somehow, instead of my beloved amazon boxes, I got one pink slip.

@GrovePATH - the last time I did was probably 1 or 2 years ago, but I was able to call in (had to be early, like before 7am or 8am or something, before the delivery trucks leave for the day's delivery) and they would put the packages back into the mail truck and redeliver. But again, that was couple of years ago, perhaps they don't do it anymore.

I know the boxes have heavy stuff (I think it's my 12 cartoons of subscribe-and-save chicken stock, and a few other items), so I'm dreading to go down to the Post Office and pick it up myself (no car here).

Oh well.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
You're lucky you got a slip.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
For us -- it has always been one try -- then postman leaves a slip -- then you go to post office for pickup.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 14:21

Does the JC Post Office still re-deliver packages?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I got a pink slip from the Post Office from Saturday (even thought I buzzed the door for the post man!!!), and I tried the USPS website and entered my street address. Got a message that they don't redeliver at this address. Then I tried calling the Post Office, and it's the land of the eternal ring - it just rings and rings and rings and rings.

So - is this one of the services they've cut as a result of their budget crisis?

Posted on: 2013/12/2 13:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017