Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City off-duty cop charged with drunk driving after he gets into fight at gas station
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/6 21:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Jeezus. 94k after 6 years!
That can't be accurate. Has to be with 25k in overtime.

Nope... that's most likely his base salary!

I am sure the guys who arrested him are getting the cold shoulder from the other "boys in blue"... I am wondering if he was arrested by the Hudson County Sheriffs department since the Blvd is a county road.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 15:22

Re: Jersey City off-duty cop charged with drunk driving after he gets into fight at gas station
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Jeezus. 94k after 6 years!
That can't be accurate. Has to be with 25k in overtime.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

This well paid(benefits probably just as generous) cop should never be allowed to serve again. It's a miracle no one got killed.

The fact that he refused to take the Breathalyzer is all i need to know that I would not trust this guy with a gun and a badge.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 12:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Four individuals and one drunk cop with a gun and he pulls it out - drunk people don't make sound rational judgements in any situation.
The option to walk away or resort to a peaceful resolution never works when you're drunk and the video footage never provides for sound on what was said to escalate or provoke a situation.
This will be interesting in Court - The word of one drunk off-duty cop over 4 individuals

Posted on: 2013/6/14 7:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Jersey City off-duty cop charged with drunk driving after he gets into fight at gas station
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

An off-duty Jersey City police officer is in hot water, charged with drunk driving after cops say he was assaulted at a gas station in the Heights early Sunday morning.

Michael Lang, 37, refused to take a Breathalyzer test at the scene, according to police spokesman Stan H. Eason. Lang no longer has access to his police gun and he can only work in a non-police response capacity pending an administrative hearing, Eason said.

The arrest came on June 9 at about 3:30 a.m. after Lang and four individuals started fighting inside the Kennedy Boulevard BP gas station's convenience store, according to Eason.

The argument spilled outside, where Joel Vargas, 34, of New York Avenue, physically assaulted Lang, knocking him down, Eason said.

A video recording of the fight showed Lang was indeed the victim, he added.

At one point during the argument, Lang, who was not in uniform, pulled out his gun, according to Eason.

While responding, police said Lang's behavior indicated he was drunk, Eason said. He was charged with DWI and refusing a Breathalyzer test.

In New Jersey, refusing to take a Breathalyzer can result in the same loss of driving privileges as a DWI conviction.

Acting Police Chief Joseph Connors commending the arresting offices for their ?due diligence? in discovering that there was indeed an assault and that Lang was under the influence.

Lang has been on the police force since January 2007. He earns a roughly $94,000 salary, according to city payroll records.

Vargas has been charged with simple assault and was released on a summons, and more charges are possible, according to Eason. Internal Affairs is investigating the matter.

Posted on: 2013/6/14 0:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017