Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC man fighting for life after getting shot 4 times in chest
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
the claim that there were now white people in GV reminded me of this other thread at citydata...

Quote:

Posted by cf77
Quote:

Originally Posted by username1111
Things are changing fast, I rode the lightrail this morning with not one but two white yuppie couples who just purchased near the Richard street lightrail.

Well since you are more than likely lying again I take this with a grain of salt, but if you are by chance telling the truth those yuppies made a horrible decision.

I kidd about the demographics though.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/3/19 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
I'm still shocked at the fact that Peter Brennan said he 'doesnt think anyone should expect greenville to be just as safe as downtown.' That kind of a statement from a councilman, the president at that, who is supposed to look out for all the residents of our city... its disgusting. Donnelly was the only one who realized at the time how outrageous a statement that way. But to be honest, I dont know what shocked me more... Brennan's statment or the fact that Richardson nodded in agreement with him. Then again, Ive come to expect her to "say one thing" to the voters and "do the other" when it comes to representing them.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

Plus on Ocean Ave. there has always been a pattern there, not really news anymore. Iit's like crying wolf.

This type of thinking got us here, It is a crises and hopefully our next mayor can pull us out of it. Too many govt, and residents feel the same way, its Ocean ave oh well that's what expected. A Wayne street women was carjacked just the other night on Ocean... oh well she was on Ocean.

This is not surprising but it shows the ignorance of the people we elect. His bar sits in the middle of GV which I have visited about 3 x. Mind you, his bar has a large police presence for all the hacks connected to city hall that attend, but the police are scarce on Ocean and MLK.

After living in GV for about a year and half I can truly say city hall cares very little about the brown people of GV. They contain the crime areas, they do nothing to prevent it.

When one of the detectives came to our BA meeting over by BS Park he was shocked that there were so many new white home owners in the neighborhood. He actually said to me, I guess we have to do better now that you people chose to live over here... wow really? It not only made the black and Latin residents angry it made them feel they were not worthy of policing. Disgusting!

Posted on: 2013/3/19 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if the poor guy made it? No follow up by the JJ .

Jersey City man fighting for life after getting shot 4 times in chest: cops

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
on February 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM,
updated February 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

A 19-year-old Jersey City man was fighting for his life last night after being shot several times in the chest when gunfire erupted on basketball courts on Randolph Avenue, officials said.

At about 8 p.m. police responding to a building on the 300 block of Randolph found the Pearsall Avenue man lying face up on the floor and gasping for oxygen, a police report says.

Posted on: 2013/3/19 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

Plus on Ocean Ave. there has always been a pattern there, not really news anymore. Iit's like crying wolf.

This type of thinking got us here, It is a crises and hopefully our next mayor can pull us out of it. Too many govt, and residents feel the same way, its Ocean ave oh well that's what expected. A Wayne street women was carjacked just the other night on Ocean... oh well she was on Ocean.

put crime ridden sections of jc under martial law. enact stop and frisks. put a cop on ever corner in greenville. that person who shot the 13 year old boy - the parents of that person should go jail and whoever is a friend of that man should be heavily fined.

Posted on: 2013/3/19 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I'm still shocked at the fact that Peter Brennan said he 'doesnt think anyone should expect greenville to be just as safe as downtown.' That kind of a statement from a councilman, the president at that, who is supposed to look out for all the residents of our city... its disgusting. Donnelly was the only one who realized at the time how outrageous a statement that way. But to be honest, I dont know what shocked me more... Brennan's statment or the fact that Richardson nodded in agreement with him. Then again, Ive come to expect her to "say one thing" to the voters and "do the other" when it comes to representing them.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

Posted on: 2013/3/19 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:

Posted on: 2013/3/19 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pamrapo wrote:
If only the Eye in the Sky had been watching.
Seriously, when is our city leadership going to start acting like this is a crisis?

It really isn't a crisis when it happens this frequently. Plus on Ocean Ave. there has always been a pattern there, not really news anymore. Iit's like crying wolf.

Posted on: 2013/3/19 18:00
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?sec ... cal/new_jersey&id=9033144

JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for three suspects believed to be connected to the shooting of a teenager.

Authorities say the 13-year-old boy was shot twice, once in the buttocks and once in the thigh, in the vicinity of Ocean Avenue and Lembeck Avenue in Jersey City Tuesday morning.

The victim was taken to Jersey City Medical Center. His injuries are not considered life threatening.

Police are scouring the area for the three suspects, also believed to be young teenagers.

Anyone with information is asked to call police.

Posted on: 2013/3/19 16:50
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/28 0:17
Group:
Registered Users
Shot while playing basketball at 8pm. Sounds like a real troublemaker - not. I hope he recovers.

If only the Eye in the Sky had been watching.

Seriously, when is our city leadership going to start acting like this is a crisis? It can't be the Mayor. He's too busy telling us crime is down.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 20:30

JC man fighting for life after getting shot 4 times in chest
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(just one of the 600+ crimes that get reported to the JCPD EVERY month?but crime is down)

Jersey City man fighting for life after getting shot 4 times in chest: cops
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
on February 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM,
updated February 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

A 19-year-old Jersey City man was fighting for his life last night after being shot several times in the chest when gunfire erupted on basketball courts on Randolph Avenue, officials said.

At about 8 p.m. police responding to a building on the 300 block of Randolph found the Pearsall Avenue man lying face up on the floor and gasping for oxygen, a police report says.

Full JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... g_for_l.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/2/28 20:20

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017