Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Someone taking down fliers in Hamilton Park?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
You're not going to get much flyering done sticking to allowed boards.

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/6/9 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Flyer etiquette as far as I can tell (from 10 years of flyering for events and business) is:

Take down your event flyers once the date of the event advertised has passed (easy to do if you're an event promoter who is regularly flyering the same spots)

Don't cover other people's stuff, unless it's a flyer for an event whose date has passed (but it's better to just take the old flyer down if possible)

Don't take anything current down that's not yours unless it's in such terrible condition that it is basically trash

Flyer boards/approved areas only, don't flyer telephone poles or other random spots, unless that is allowed in the area you're flyering

Posted on: 2012/6/9 0:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JamesBeard wrote:
There's a guy that goes around with a shopping cart picking up trash and pulling down posters. Is that you, vigilante?

It's good that someone does that, because otherwise our poles and trees would be layered with countless "man with van" and "we buy junk cars" junk flyers.

However it would be good to have a large community board somewhere in hamilton park where locals can put up their personal flyers and not have them taken down aside from scheduled cleanings.

Not me doing that. The problem is that the people who post fliers should tear them down once the date is past. Some do but most don't. Also people just randomly cover other people's fliers anyway. If someone is keeping on top of the situation then that's a good thing.

Posted on: 2012/6/8 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Well the guy pulling down fliers should only pull down out of date and old ones, whereas what I see out there is everything gets pulled down within 2-3 days.

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/6/8 16:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
There's a guy that goes around with a shopping cart picking up trash and pulling down posters. Is that you, vigilante?

It's good that someone does that, because otherwise our poles and trees would be layered with countless "man with van" and "we buy junk cars" junk flyers.

However it would be good to have a large community board somewhere in hamilton park where locals can put up their personal flyers and not have them taken down aside from scheduled cleanings.

Posted on: 2012/6/8 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I don't know which boards you saw because they used to always be way overloaded with fliers. People used to just cover the other fliers with their own. I'm glad someone is keeping them somewhat organized. Also, after rainstorms the fliers would be all over the ground.

Posted on: 2012/6/8 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That's a shame. It seems that someone or multiple people are still doing it then. Every other small to major city where I've lived the flyer boards are a great source of neighborhood info, not empty and sad, but I guess it only takes one or two determined people to ruin it for everyone. I know that there are the occasional people who feel strongly that flier boards are unsightly and hate their existence so maybe that's what's up.

Posted on: 2012/6/8 12:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have done lots of fliering over the past five years, both 'official' Hamilton Park Neighbourhood Association fliers, school event fliers, ad-hoc stoop sale fliers, the lot.

Whatever you put up is covered, destroyed, or taken down within a couple of days at most, you just have to keep replacing them.

At one point a few years ago there was a particular semi-deranged person in the neighbourhood who would go round pulling down everyone's fliers. Not sure if this character is still around, but on one occasion he was found to be stalking an HPNA board member who was fliering, walking a block behind them pulling down all the fliers as they were put up.

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/6/8 2:01

Someone taking down fliers in Hamilton Park?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Question about the flyer boards in Hamilton Park (there are 4, one on each corner by the entrances). Has anyone else noticed that as soon as flyers go up they seem to disappear within 2-3 days? Does anyone know why (are there some sort of rules for what can be posted - I didn't see any)?

Twice I have posted flyers and gone back 2-3 days later and my flyer, as well as a bunch of others that were there when I put mine up, are gone. In fact most of the boards are pretty sparsely covered most of the time which is odd for such a well traveled park. Even odder, there are a few flyers that I've noticed stay up for weeks, and they are either the official Hamilton Park stuff (like meeting notices) or professionally printed flyers or posters (like the ones for the ballet) and some remain up even after the dates for the events they're advertising have passed.

The stuff that seems to disappear are the signs for things like stoop sales, dog walking businesses, etc.

If it were just kids vandalizing the boards you'd think they'd take down everything but maybe I'm reading way too much into this. I know you get what you pay for with free advertising but I don't have this issue in Van Vorst so I was wondering what the deal was.

Posted on: 2012/6/7 22:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017