Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Jersey City to award non-union workers 3 percent pay hike, their first since 2008
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:

2. You seem to have an obsession with dick. Well to each their own.

Noun? Not the -ing (gerund) form of the verb? Cause I thought that was what you were doing on this entire thread...

Posted on: 2011/12/17 23:42

Re: Jersey City to award non-union workers 3 percent pay hike, their first since 2008

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/17 22:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Oh DICKie, DICKie, DICKie. tsk, tsk.

Hmmm

Well, I was prepared to abandon this thread but you seem to want to hold on to it, so :

1. You fancy yourself as an amateur psychologist. Too funny.

2. You seem to have an obsession with dick. Well to each their own.

3. "Oh what a tangled web we weave" ? My grandmother liked that saying. Glad to see you are a modern thinker.

I could simply walk away and say "eff you asswipe". But I think I'll take my retro check and go to the Astor Bar instead. I'll raise a few in your honor, knowing that I got mine and that really pisses you off.

Merry Xmas Brat !

Posted on: 2011/12/17 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Little DICKie-Doo had said that those who had received raises previously in 2011 did not get the 3%. Well, guess what? They did. Saw the list. So the 40 or so people who recently got raises from $8k to 24k received 3% on top of it all.

Oh DICKie, DICKie, DICKie. tsk, tsk.

Posted on: 2011/12/17 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Let DICKwad keep posting. With each post he reveals more of who he is. BTW the vitriol that spewed forth from his foul mouth is in total contrast to the bible quoting which shows someone with not only an anger issue, but deep seated psychological issues, as well as visions of granduer in believing he does his job well and is entitled.

Posted on: 2011/12/16 15:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/12 11:58
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:Not sure what I have done to piss you off to this extent.

How about your post telling me that I was "rubbing my raise in your face" ? Totally wrong and out of line.

DickInJC,
I went back and reread post #'s 17 & 18. It is possible that I was slightly out of line in my stating you were "rubbing my raise in your face". And if I hurt your feelings, you have my apology.

Having said that, look at the name calling you did both to myself and others after that offending post of mine. Do you feel that was appropriate? Had you pointed out my rudeness without name calling I would still have apologized.

Further, I asked two questions in my #18 post. You either ignored them or overlooked them. You did however find time to insult me and others with derogatory names.

DickInJC, As soon as I read your above posts accusing people on this forum of supporting Republicans, two questions came immediately to mind. 1. What in the world does that have to do with anything on the issue in this thread? 2. Are you (or would you be) so proud to be associated with Democrats in this state? If you voted for the last Democrat candidate for Gov, how do you feel about your former candidate? Is he really so much better than Christie in hindsight and in light of his problems of the last 2 months?

Posted on: 2011/12/16 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dick? Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick. Dick!

Posted on: 2011/12/16 2:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote: You are obviously one of this mayor's many trolls who is praying that he gets to keep his cushy job or he might have to resort to a real day's work.

Poor poor Brat. You obviously have anger management problems.

But I'll leave you alone for now. To quote Proverbs 14:7

"Go from the presence of a foolish man (Brat), when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge."

Posted on: 2011/12/16 2:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
You should be fired for your incompetence. Period.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm glad I've gotten your attention.

Posted on: 2011/12/16 2:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:Not sure what I have done to piss you off to this extent.

How about your post telling me that I was "rubbing my raise in your face" ? Totally wrong and out of line.

Posted on: 2011/12/16 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Well, DICK, for the record, back in the day people under Schundler went 9 years without an increase. Tell us, are the 40+ who got increases between $8k & 24k recently getting the 3%? Tell us, are Kevin & Dominic (who has gotten 2 increases in less than a year) going to get the 3%? Tell us all about the 15 laid off officers we are hiring from other jurisdictions to replace the potentially 100 who are eligible for retirement. How are we going to replace them? Raise taxes? Boy, this administration has perfect timing - NOT. Ponder this while you're at Healy's or the Astor - but then you will probably say you don't drink. (Right, and the Pope ain't German)

Well BRAT :

1. Staff under Schundler did get raises
2. Only staff who didn't get previous raises in 2011 got the 3%
3. No police officers got laid off
4. I don't drink

Next !!!

Obviously you do drink DICKhead -

1. Staff under Schundler went nine years without a pay increase.

2. Can you prove your statement?

3. We are hiring officers layed-off from OTHER jurisdictions.

4. And the pope ain't German.

Now crawl back up on your barstool. You are obviously one of this mayor's many trolls who is praying that he gets to keep his cushy job or he might have to resort to a real day's work.

Posted on: 2011/12/15 6:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
You ain't got DICK when you have to resort to name calling.

Posted on: 2011/12/15 6:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
Quote:

Really?. I really tried to understand your point of view. I think I asked you reasonable questions to support your position.

Give me a break! Your comments/questions were arrogant and condescending. You are just part of a group, headed by the Republican Party and Chris Christie, who belittle government workers and want to cut their pay and benefits to support tax cuts for the wealthy.

I'm sure many of your ilk on this board love to talk about how lazy and worthless City workers are and how you pay our salaries. The truth is most City workers work hard and are deserving of the paychecks and benefits they receive.

WRONG on me being part of a republican group. WRONG on that I think City workers are worthless. And I think you are simply deflecting the real question: Why do you deserve a 3% increase over the past 3 years, when property tax payers have paid 30%+ increases and other City-employees have lost their jobs in those 3 years?

IMO you don't. You should be fired for your incompetence. Period.

Posted on: 2011/12/15 1:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
I should have realized it was a waste of time posting in a forum frequented by piss ants like you.

Carry on and have a nice day !

DickInJC,
It appears that even after receiving a raise you are a bitter person. I pray that life gets better for you.

Peace!

I'm not bitter. I just won't tolerate idiots like you.

That's too bad. Not sure what I have done to piss you off to this extent. But if calling me names and making judgements on my intelligence serves a purpose, I suppose I should be grateful that I can give you some satisfaction in life. It is even more obvious to me that your raise did little to give even a modicum of satisfaction.

DickInJC, I sincerely and humbly suggest that whatever contact you have with fellow city employees and the Jersey City taxpaying public you should consider civil and thoughtful treatment.

Attitudes such as yours are precisely why numerous people question the awarding of raises to city employees, especially in such trying economic times for so many of us.

IMO you have done much more damage than good to your cause.

Posted on: 2011/12/14 2:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Really?. I really tried to understand your point of view. I think I asked you reasonable questions to support your position.

Give me a break! Your comments/questions were arrogant and condescending. You are just part of a group, headed by the Republican Party and Chris Christie, who belittle government workers and want to cut their pay and benefits to support tax cuts for the wealthy.

I'm sure many of your ilk on this board love to talk about how lazy and worthless City workers are and how you pay our salaries. The truth is most City workers work hard and are deserving of the paychecks and benefits they receive.

Posted on: 2011/12/14 1:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Not all management staff who work for the City are political appointees. But in the end we all serve at the pleasure of the Mayor, unless there are civil service rules to protect us.

Posted on: 2011/12/14 1:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:Are you happy to see the layoffs to pay your 3%?

I am sure you are very concerned about those who were laid off, NOT. dtjcview, another piss ant.

Pissant is one word. Happy to help.

Both spellings are correct. But thanks for your input.

BTW, the Devils suck ! GO RANGERS !!!

Posted on: 2011/12/14 0:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
I should have realized it was a waste of time posting in a forum frequented by piss ants like you.

DickInJC,
It appears that even after receiving a raise you are a bitter person. I pray that life gets better for you.

Peace!

I'm not bitter. I just won't tolerate idiots like you.

Posted on: 2011/12/14 0:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Well, DICK, for the record, back in the day people under Schundler went 9 years without an increase. Tell us, are the 40+ who got increases between $8k & 24k recently getting the 3%? Tell us, are Kevin & Dominic (who has gotten 2 increases in less than a year) going to get the 3%? Tell us all about the 15 laid off officers we are hiring from other jurisdictions to replace the potentially 100 who are eligible for retirement. How are we going to replace them? Raise taxes? Boy, this administration has perfect timing - NOT. Ponder this while you're at Healy's or the Astor - but then you will probably say you don't drink. (Right, and the Pope ain't German)

Well BRAT :

1. Staff under Schundler did get raises
2. Only staff who didn't get previous raises in 2011 got the 3%
3. No police officers got laid off
4. I don't drink

Next !!!

Posted on: 2011/12/14 0:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
Quote:

I am sure you are very concerned about those who were laid off, NOT. dtjcview, another piss ant.

Really?. I really tried to understand your point of view. I think I asked you reasonable questions to support your position. I suggested why Fulop had an issue with the 3% raise, And now I'm a piss ant? Wow!

Posted on: 2011/12/14 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I do recall one incident where one official, I believe it was the City's zoning official, successfully overturned his removal on the ground that he was covered under the civil service and therefore entitled to a hearing. So I do not think that non-union civil service employees are poltical/at-will employees.

The issues are separate. You can have a blue collar or entry level clerical title whose workers, for whatever reason, have chosen not to join a union. In that case, they are still entitled to civil service hearings for termination. Hires are also not necessarily "at will" as many civil service positions require competitive examination.

Posted on: 2011/12/13 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I was under the impression that the categories in New Jersey include union (protected), non-union civil service (statutory protection but in practice serving at the pleasure of council / mayor / elected official), and direct political appointees.

Which all goes back to my original claim, that in my experience, unless someone is protected by a civil service union, more or less every position is open to political appointment and their ship rises and falls with the elected administration.

Posted on: 2011/12/13 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:

In that case, who are non-union laborers? My understanding was that municipal employees either served at the pleasure of the administration or were protected by a union.

Don't confuse union/non-union with civil service/civil service exempt.

My area of knowledge is in New York City/New York State, but the public employee workforce is classified into various titles, some of which have civil service protection, others which do not. Generally, employees at a certain level of management responsibility, as well as certain "confidential" employees are exempt.

Public employees also have the ability to join and form labor unions. Again, there are exemptions for managerial or confidential employees.

The exceptions often overlap but are not identical.

So you can often have employees who are part of the civil service system, but whose bargaining unit has not elected to be in a union. Less common are employees who are civil service exempt, but in a union.

Generally, most civil service employees are also members of collective bargaining units, but it ain't necessarily so.

As I mentioned, my knowledge is based on the NY Civil Service Law and the Taylor Law, but the little understanding I have of NJ law is that it is similar.

Posted on: 2011/12/13 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
Quote:

Pissant is one word. Happy to help.

Posted on: 2011/12/13 16:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:

DickInJC,

Peace!

Posted on: 2011/12/13 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/12/13 13:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2011/12/13 3:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
DickInJC,

By the same standard as your statement above, I suggest you do not rub it in my face that you get a raise

Posted on: 2011/12/13 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
Quote:

Your self-entitlement is just mind-boggling. You want rewarded for hitting us with a 30% property tax increase?

I had nothing to do with property tax increases. I pay the same increased taxes as you do.

If you work someplace that cut your pay and benefits by 30% that is unfortunate. But don't take it out on me.

Yes - you are looked after by the City . You have been "paid". You're alright...which can't be said for those City workers laid-off to pay for your increase, nor the property owners that fund it.

Are you happy to see the layoffs to pay your 3%? I think that was Fulop's point that you found objectionable.

Posted on: 2011/12/12 23:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Aren't non-union city workers simply at will political appointees?

In a word, NO.

In that case, who are non-union laborers? My understanding was that municipal employees either served at the pleasure of the administration or were protected by a union.

Posted on: 2011/12/12 15:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DickInJC wrote:
I had nothing to do with property tax increases. I pay the same increased taxes as you do.

If you work someplace that cut your pay and benefits by 30% that is unfortunate. But don't take it out on me.

DickInJC,

By the same standard as your statement above, I suggest you do not rub it in my face that you get a raise when I, ultimately the person that pays you, have had my pay cut over the last 3 years and I do more work.

If your employer gives crappy service, cuts services, and then demands more $ from the fee payers why should you expect a raise?
If you are not happy with your pay and benefits at the place you work, perhaps you also should look for employment elsewhere.
Respectfully, I got a hunch that if you did not get this raise you would probably stay where you are, it isn't greener in the private sector for you at least not right now. Let me know if I am wrong.

Last if you work for the City or County Government, I find it hard to believe that you "had nothing to do with property tax increases." Maybe not in a direct way, but indirectly, yes, you did have something to do with it. Ever increasing property taxes pay your wages/benefits.

Carry on and enjoy your day!

Posted on: 2011/12/12 14:57

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017