Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Newark Ave Sidewalks - Surveyor spraypainting gone wild
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't seen which slabs have been marked this time, but the last time this was done, all the slaps that had cracked were marked. Sadly, it was only a month or so after the sidewalks had been laid. It is indeed a waste of taxpayer dollars.

I'm sure the excuse we will get will have something to do with the extremely has winter we experienced rather than the poor workmanship and material.

I don't think the sidewalks are nice at all. They were poorly laid and are of sub-quality material. I'd rather the city dug up those sidewalks and put them in the right way. However, this is Jersey City and I shouldn't expect anything less than below sub-standard quality.

Posted on: 2011/6/12 17:10
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Re: Newark Ave Sidewalks - Surveyor spraypainting gone wild
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
They also go up Grove and west on Newark Ave. My husband and I were also concerned that they are going to tear up the perfectly nice sidewalk.

Posted on: 2011/6/12 15:42

Newark Ave Sidewalks - Surveyor spraypainting gone wild
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Has anybody noticed the survey markings all over the sidewalks of Newark Ave from Grove St. Path station all the way down to Montgomery? The whole sidewalk in places is marked up.

This was the Phase 1 redevelopment. I really hope they don't plan on ripping everything up where all the marks are and redoing.

What a freaking waste. What is to blame for this waste of taxpayer money? Cheap cement? non-union labor who don't know what they are doing?

The whole thing stinks if they have to rip out all those sections and start over.

Any thoughts?

FG

Posted on: 2011/6/12 13:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017