Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
159 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: ...Spending more and more time up in Jersey City, "hanging with the Bloods."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:48
Group:
Banned
The only way to stop the violence is to legalize drugs. But stuffy people can't see the forest for the trees, so it won't happen. And the violence will continue.

Posted on: 2010/3/31 1:40

Re: ...Spending more and more time up in Jersey City, "hanging with the Bloods."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

P said:
"We're trying to change the outlook of the public. We think we can do some good with this."

Maybe start with a name change. Sex Drugs Recreation.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Quote:
We'd pay police in order to be able to sell drugs.

Remember this the next time someone asks why the park on Wayne St. has been what it is for as long as it has.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
No one treats black people worse than other black people.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Are you F'ing kidding me? Trying to change the outlook of the public? Give me a F'ing break.

Sex Money Murder... a community organization HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

This guy contradicts himself every other paragraph.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 13:35

...Spending more and more time up in Jersey City, "hanging with the Bloods."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
For gang members, any day can be their last

BY ANDREA CLURFELD ? GANNETT NEW JERSEY ? MARCH 30, 2010

Sex Money Murder came late to the gang member known as "P"

He was in his mid-20s and in prison on drug and weapons charges. He'd done hard time before, when he was younger, weaker, and he hadn't joined a gang like other vulnerable youths.

But this time, in 1999, P started hanging out with high-ranking members of the Sex Money Murder subset of the Bloods, the most prevalent gang in New Jersey.

One day, he saw one of his pals was "having issues with these other guys. I'm the kind of person who, if you're my friend, your problems are my problems."

So P jumped the other guys. "My friends told me, 'You now have a decision to make: Either you get jumped, or you join."

He was told "Sex Money Murder" was an organization that's "here for the black people. I could relate to that. My father and two of his brothers were Black Panthers."

P joined Sex Money Murder. After a few months, he was released from jail and out on the streets. (His rank and crimes have been verified by law enforcement sources).

"A year or two later, things started getting out of hand," he said. He was spending more and more time away from his home at the Jersey Shore and up in Jersey City and Newark, "hanging with the Bloods."

"I never enjoyed the violence. I was about making money, enjoying the money I made. Given the lifestyle, any day could be your last day. So I wanted to enjoy," P said.

He took it all in. He hung around with "some of the grimiest people you'd ever meet -- stick-up kids, corrupt police. We'd pay police in order to be able to sell drugs."

P moved up the ranks of Sex Money Murder. "We're not too different from the military," he said, referring to the structure, rank and hierarchy of the gang. Eventually, he became a leader.

His subset has firm rules. "We don't recruit anyone under the age of 18. We answer to our own laws."

He estimates there are about 20,000 members of his Sex Money Murder set along the East Coast. Those numbers could not be verified by law enforcement.

"We make money by any means," P said. "We have a lot of people doing bad things -- selling drugs, robbing people. But now, a lot of us are in school, getting degrees. There are people like me who are in mainstream society, working jobs among people who don't know we're Bloods."

For close to a year, P has been working a regular job. He's still an active Bloods member, but he says he's turning his life in a new direction. He doesn't make the kind of money working in that mainstream job as he did selling drugs.

"I'm used to dealing with four or five digits a week as a paycheck," P said. "Now it's three digits a week. I'm toning down my lifestyle."

He's been motivated by his wife and 5-year-old child to change. And he's working to bring about change in his Sex Money Murder set, hoping to take it back to its roots as a social organization for African Americans.

He's disenchanted with the way some Bloods sets "manipulate young recruits. They use young members as crash-test dummies. Let 'em get high. Set 'em up with girls. Make 'em do things -- anything from robbery to murder -- and if anything happens to them? Well, the leaders act as if they care. But it's not long-lived."

The young recruits, ages 12 to 18, are taught "not to snitch, never to snitch. You get hurt? We've got doctors you go to who put you back together. Doctors with medical backgrounds, maybe who have been banned from practice, but they work for us, for money."

P shakes his head. He closes his eyes for a moment.

"We're trying to change the outlook of the public. We think we can do some good with this. Rather than victimizing the people, we want to give it a shot to make it what it was supposed to be. There are a few of us, at any rate, who are trying to do it the right way."

P is trying, but he admits there is resistance. He admits that, like all gang members, he's a disposable -- and replaceable -- commodity. "If I get shot today at 11 a.m., my position would be filled at 5 p.m. Count on it."

http://www.thedailyjournal.com/article/20100330/NEWS01/3300330

Posted on: 2010/3/30 9:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017