Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Odd occurence Thursday night/Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
You've made a good point, he wasn't in transit and next thing he was close to you until someone else came by.

You should still email the East District at policeeast@jcnj.org or me at downtownjcwatch@gmail.com.

There are not many robberies in this area. Only 8 occured this past month including a shoplifting incident, and 2 other incidents involving teens robbing teens in Ferris HS area.

However they do happen. Thanks for sharing and please contact the police with your description and date/time.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/3/24 5:47

Re: Odd occurence Thursday night/Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Trust your instincts.
You didn't say if you called the police, so I assume you didn't.
It's OK to call them because you're suspicious and didn't see anyone committing a crime.
Keep informed if there was a break-in or crime last light, and if so, tell the police what you saw.
Do you have pepper spray or a stun gun? Would having those things make you feel any safer if you had one on you? If yes, consider getting one.

Sure, it could be coincidence. He could of sneaked out for a smoke and went into an apartment at the same time you were walking from your car, but better safe than sorry.

Be prepared for some here to call you racist/prejudice, but just respond that you have friends who also wear knit hats, so it's not that, then ignore them. It would be just as scary if he wasn't wearing one.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 11:17

Odd occurence Thursday night/Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I work second shift and usually come home around 11:30pm. I stay aware of my surroundings and I try to park as close to my apt as I can but it\'\'s not always easy.

I live on 8th and West Hamilton. I parked my car on 9th street. As I was walking on West Hamilton I noticed a tall black kid (late teens, early 20s) across the street with a knit hat standing by the Pavonia entrance of the park and smoking. It seemed odd to me since most people I see at this time are walking their dogs, taking out their garbage, or generally in transit to/from somewhere. He was just standing there and smoking.

I was on West Hamilton between 8th and Pavonia. I turned around and saw that he was about 15 feet behind me. Then I saw people walking on 8th Street. When I turned around again he was gone. I just hurried into my building.

I don\'t want to be an alarmist. It could have been nothing but it just struck me as odd that he was just standing there one minute and the next minute he had crossed the street and was following me. Then he disappeared when other people appeared.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 8:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017