Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Tammy, the N.J. Turnpike Turkey, evades capture
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I work off of Exit 14B in Liberty State Park. I think we've seen Tammy in our parking lot on several occasions.

Posted on: 2009/11/18 20:10

Re: Tammy, the N.J. Turnpike Turkey, evades capture
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
Apparently they caught her and she's moving down the shore. The commetns are priceless!

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009 ... nj_turnpike_turkey_i.html

Posted on: 2009/11/18 19:03

Tammy, the N.J. Turnpike Turkey, evades capture
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Ledger Live: Tammy, the N.J. Turnpike Turkey, evades capture

By Brian Donohue/The Star-Ledger
November 18, 2009, 7:00AM

On today's Ledger Live, we gear up for Thanksgiving with a visit to Tammy the Turnpike Turkey, a wild turkey who has evaded capture - and many, many near misses in heavy traffic - to live on at the New Jersey Turnpike's Interchange 14B toll plaza in Jersey City.

Frankly, when I set out to shoot video of the turkey, I thought my chances of getting any decent footage was slim. Turkeys are elusive birds, fairly shy. And my only encounters with them were on periodic jogs through the woods when vacationing on Cape Cod. I could never really get close.

Tammy, is, well, a bit different. Not your average turkey. For one, there's her decision to spend most days hanging around the toll booths. And then, perhaps as a result of spending so much time around people and traffic, there's her relative friendliness. She lets you get pretty close.

Tammy, the New Jersey Turnpike turkey, mulls another dangerous crossing. Tammy-watching, though, is no warm and fuzzy affair. It's a nail-biting experience, given her propensity to walk right into the busy roadway on her way too or from her evening roost on the Liberty State Park side of the off ramp. It's like watching a real life version of the old video game Frogger. Something tells me this story is not going to end well. I hope I'm wrong. In the meantime, keep an eye out for Tammy when you're getting on or off the turkeypike in JC. And please, drive slowly.

Posted on: 2009/11/18 15:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017