Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bleeding man staggers into Jersey City firehouse
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Tino wrote:
I know this country is trying to be ultra PC, but how could race, etc. not be mentioned in identifying the suspect? Public safety shouldn't come second to political correctness.

I agree, Tino. The only thing that should come second to political correctness is our own prejudices and fears.

What we think of as "political correctness" can be a guide when we admit we're conditioned to make stupid assumptions -- like that a doctor is a man or a that black woman can't afford an expensive dress or that a South Asian person must want hot and spicy food -- because when we assume, we do indeed make an "ass" out of "u" and "me".

Sometimes those differences just don't matter AT ALL.
Sometimes they matter a LOT.

Examples:

People ask me about someone's appearance as we're trying to decide if we're thinking of the same person. I say, "About 5'10", like 50-60 years old man, white, had a slight limp." (Funny, people usually find it mildly amusing when I mention if a person is white.)

Or, I say, "She was kind of heavy, big chested, light-skinned, had braids, but I think it was a weave."

Posted on: 2009/8/31 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Tino wrote:
I know this country is trying to be ultra PC, but how could race, etc. not be mentioned in identifying the suspect? Public safety shouldn't come second to political correctness.

So by them saying he was black/hispanic/chinese then you would be able to narrow down who the culprit is?

Posted on: 2009/8/31 19:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Ocean Avenue. You can figure that out.

Posted on: 2009/8/31 19:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/10 23:12
From Henderson Yards
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/8/31 18:14

Bleeding man staggers into Jersey City firehouse
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users
Bleeding man staggers into Jersey City firehouse
by Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal
Sunday August 30, 2009, 7:10 PM

Stabbed and bleeding from the back, and 18-year-old man staggered into a Jersey City firehouse Saturday evening, officials said.

Firefighters at Engine Company 22 at 468 Ocean Ave. quickly performed first aid to stop the bleeding called police and EMS to take the man to the Jersey City Medical Center, said Fire Director Armando Roman.

A lady told police the victim had intervened on her behalf after she got into an argument with a man on Ocean Avenue between Stegman Street and Wegman Parkway at around 7:30 p.m., according to police reports.

She saw the man she had been arguing with stab with the victim in his back, reports said.
The victim sustained a stab wound two inches long on the lower left side of his back, reports said.

"This young man had the presence of mind to seek refuge immediately and help at the fire house," Roman said. "It was a very smart thing to do, because the guys at the firehouse applied first aid and stopped the bleeding."

Police have identified the suspect in the attack and are searching for him. He is 5-feet, six-inches tall and was wearing a white T-shirt with a blue "M" on the front and blue jeans, according to police reports.

Posted on: 2009/8/30 23:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017