Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Cordero kids throwing rocks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

djh101 wrote:
Quote:
I can remember playing knock down ginger (knocking on doors and runing away) as a child, our targets were those who would get riled and chase us down the road, there's no fun if there is no response.

Like comparing apples and bowling balls ------

Knocking on doors and running away is harmless kid stuff. However, breaking the pane (or panes) of a full-length parlor window is not harmless ---- it's called vandalism.

But thank you for playing ----- sorry I don't have a year's supply of Rice-a-Roni to offer you.

You are totally the scary neighbor that lived on the corner of my street growing up. He was old and mean and used to yell at us when we rode our bikes on his lawn to get to our wood fort faster. LOL. Just kiddin'.

In all honesty, it's hard to know exactly what to make of this -- were they little kids throwing pebbles or older, should know better kids throwing small rocks? In any event, sounds like you did what you felt like you had to do. And I agree with Pinkowitz, I bet you scared the hell out of them, so there's that.

Posted on: 2008/12/4 21:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I can remember playing knock down ginger (knocking on doors and runing away) as a child, our targets were those who would get riled and chase us down the road, there's no fun if there is no response.

Like comparing apples and bowling balls ------

Knocking on doors and running away is harmless kid stuff. However, breaking the pane (or panes) of a full-length parlor window is not harmless ---- it's called vandalism.

But thank you for playing ----- sorry I don't have a year's supply of Rice-a-Roni to offer you.

Posted on: 2008/12/4 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
In my experience it is best to ignore kids playing these sort of games.

Robin.

Posted on: 2008/12/4 21:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
If you feel like busting them you could try getting them on your digital camera next time....what is Cordero?

Posted on: 2008/12/4 21:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Well, you probably won't get much satisfaction from doing this, but I'm glad you did.
+1.
There should be consequences.

Posted on: 2008/12/4 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't be concerned if there was no sign of damage. You most likely scared the crap out of them and hopefully that will be a lesson learned.

Posted on: 2008/12/4 20:46

Cordero kids throwing rocks
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
About 2:00/2:15 today, four Cordero kids (one girl and three boys) were coming up Jersey Avenue toward Hamilton Park and were throwing little rocks and who knows what else at houses -- specifically at the windows.

As I always do on extended phone calls, I was on my feet moving around and happened to be looking outside when one came right at my window! Nothing broken, thank goodness ------ that doesn't means someone else's window on the block isn't.

I yelled out the window -- they took off. I followed them through Hamilton Park --- they started to run again when they saw me. Ultimately we all end up back at Cordero where the three boys scattered, and where the girl getting left behind obviously refused to give her name or the names of her friends (big suprise).

The security guard, quite honestly, was not that helpful --- not even in at least trying to identify the girl who I was pointing out. I was simply told that I'd have to come back and talk the principal who was not available at the time.

So here I am --- four kids whose names I do not know and whose faces I certainly won't have a clear memory of tomorrow morning ---- and I'm on my way to the principal's office anyway.

Tell me how much I'm wasting my time (or not) and if I should be handling this differently. I can't imagine the warmest of receptions at the 7th Street precinct since I have no names or clear faces and since I can see no damage on any houses on the block (b/t 7th and 8th).

Any thoughts?

Posted on: 2008/12/4 20:36

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017