Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bike Child Carrier: iBert?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/16 22:10
Group:
Registered Users
We have the Wee Ride. It is a front seat with a little bit higher of a weight limit. We routinely bike from HP to LSP and feel pretty safe. I liked the Wee Ride better then the ibert.

Posted on: 2008/8/20 1:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/7 18:41
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for all your feedback. All joking aside, I will be very selective about when and where I ride with the grom. LSP for sure.

While we're talking bike safety, I couldn't recommend this light more...it will blind you silly if you look right into it and it flashes like strobe. Planet bike superflash.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/8/20 0:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Better do on early mornings such as Sunday.

Posted on: 2008/8/19 22:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/28 19:48
From Newport
Group:
Registered Users
I have the iBert and find it very easy to use. It is centered behind the handlebars and in front of the seat...which is very good for the bike's center of balance. Also, being able to watch my almost-2-year old while biking is a plus.

Here's some caveats to consider about the iBert:

1) If you're tall...your knees will slide across the bottom of the iBert as you pedal. You can reduce this by riding at appropriate seat height...but newbie bikers might not feel comfortable riding at a high seat height where they can't flat foot the ground. Otherwise...you can ride with your knees kinda out sideways. At 5'6", I don't have any problems.

2) On my mtn bike (specialized hard rock), I had to buy a spacer to raise the handlebar stem. Without it, it was hard to slide my toddler's foot under the handlebar w/o taking off his shoes.

No matter what type of seat you get...make sure you have a helmet that fits your kid.

Posted on: 2008/8/19 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
That one looks like riding with the kid in front of you would be distracting, possibly dangerously so. It also gives no head protection in a mild crash. We used a Topeak that mounted behind the rider on an easily removable system where a rack stays on the bike. The kids loved it, my son at 2 once burst into tears when he saw me ride off on an errand without him on the back.

Posted on: 2008/8/19 20:58

Bike Child Carrier: iBert?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/7 18:41
Group:
Registered Users
I'm wrestling with whether attaching my son to a bike for riding in JC is a good idea or not. While I'm routinely in contention for a Darwin Award while riding my bike alone, I've got this nagging feeling that putting him on the bike with me is only tempting fate/courting disaster even more than I usually do.

That said, I'll probably do it anyway notwithstanding the above because it looks like way too much fun (for both of us).

So I'm interested in hearing from anybody who's had experience with this child carrier or similar ones. Thanks.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/8/19 20:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017