Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: wtf - JCPD - insane ticket
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

socialgal wrote:
Honestly did you people even read my message? I was not speeding, in fact I was probably doing less than the speed limit.
I DO stop. Without fail if I see someone. I DID NOT see someone and it is the cop's word against mine.
My point is - I could have been going 50 down Marin and gotten off with less of a fine. It seems unusual.
I will pay - said that too - but the holier than thou attitude of the cow herd around here is frankly disgusting. I bet you all hop skip and jump to pay your tickets too.
You're probably the same charmers who jaywalk into the street looking at their phones/iPods/whatever. Walking is a privelege too.
R_pinkowitz I appreciate the link. Thank you.

Sorry if I came off as a another pompus personality but hey I understand your plight. The state of N.J. blind-sided you, some tickets are more than others. How many points go with that ticket ? By the way if you pass a school bus it's 8 points, and passing an ice cream truck with it's stop sign out is a big fine too. We're just too over populated.

Posted on: 2011/5/30 1:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/24 4:41
Group:
Registered Users
Honestly did you people even read my message? I was not speeding, in fact I was probably doing less than the speed limit.

I DO stop. Without fail if I see someone. I DID NOT see someone and it is the cop's word against mine.

My point is - I could have been going 50 down Marin and gotten off with less of a fine. It seems unusual.

I will pay - said that too - but the holier than thou attitude of the cow herd around here is frankly disgusting. I bet you all hop skip and jump to pay your tickets too.

You're probably the same charmers who jaywalk into the street looking at their phones/iPods/whatever. Walking is a privelege too.

R_pinkowitz I appreciate the link. Thank you.

Posted on: 2011/5/30 0:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The fine was cheap.....I would agree that any pedestrian safety breach said be expensive otherwise motorists would race pedestrian at the crosswalk !

Driving is a privilege not a right.

Posted on: 2011/5/30 0:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
You summed it up quite nicely for youself. You got caught, you're the poster child for the entire state of New Jersey. Welcome to our/the Garden "of Eden" state.

Posted on: 2011/5/30 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I'm glad you got a ticket. Its about time the police have actually been doing something. Slow down on Marin.

Posted on: 2011/5/30 0:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

socialgal wrote:

Apparently the law in JC is that you have to come to a full stop at every crosswalk that is *painted* (with or without a light or stop sign) if there is a pedestrian waiting to cross.

It's a State law.

Posted on: 2011/5/30 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
Pay it and move on with your life.

And pay more attention to pedestrians when you drive.

Posted on: 2011/5/29 23:53

wtf - JCPD - insane ticket

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/24 4:41
Group:
Registered Users
Two weeks ago I was driving down Manila towards 1st and got stopped by a police car just past 10th. I was given a ticket for not slowing down for a pedestrian in the crosswalk. My bad entirely but I will say that I did not see anyone on that corner and I am generally good about stopping.

Apparently the law in JC is that you have to come to a full stop at every crosswalk that is *painted* (with or without a light or stop sign) if there is a pedestrian waiting to cross. I will concede that it is a just and reasonable law in such a densely populated area and one that I am good about - not that I knew about it! Not posted anywhere.

However I logged in to pay my ticket (yes, I pay my tickets) and it is 230 dollars! You have absolutely got to be effing kidding me. That's more than the ticket for speeding more than 20 mph over the speed limit! I would end up paying less than if I floored it down Erie (which I never do).

I am utterly disgusted given that I live downtown and always am consciencious about going the speed limit and letting people cross, as well as obeying other traffic laws- which is more than can be said for 90% of the people who drive there. I get run down nearly every day, get cut off at Bay & Grove where it is my right of way, and my driveway is blocked by jackasses at lest 3x a week. Not to mention all the people who park at crosswalks when they are not supposed to.

I get that someone has to get the tickets for this stuff, and this time it's me - but the amount for the violation blows my mind. Is there anything I can do? I have no proof that there was or wasn't someone there, I wasn't aware of that law, and for the record that crosswalk is right off the Holland Tunnel before the stop sign and is extremely poorly painted (almost entirely faded).

I'd appreciate any insight.

Posted on: 2011/5/29 23:39

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017