Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Baseball meets windshield
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
There isn't a softball, or baseball field in America that will pay for your car windshield if its hit by a baseball. If you are dumb enough to park there, then you take your chances.

Vigilante, I know you talk tough about every thing, but I would like to witness your complaint about the annoying Hispanic accent at the game. You will get your racist ass handed to you.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 11:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if that field is anything like the baseball field on 6th and Manila? During baseball season they have signs up that you park next to the field at your own risk, and they are not responsible for damage from stray baseballs.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 10:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I wonder if that John Sterling wannabe (And no one should wannabe him) made a call over the, clearly audible from a mile away, P.A. system in his annoying Hispanic accent "And look at that! The ball broke the car windshield!" In any case, you can forget about recouping any money or responsibility from the Little League mafia.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 5:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/16 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
It was a team. But it's surprisingly hard to get any info on who to contact etc. We had one lead, tried to leave a voicemail. Low and behold it their voicemail was full. http://rclljc.com but yeah, you'd think it would be easier to get some kind of access to a list of who was booked that day. I believe one of the teams were wearing neon green shirts. But we weren't really paying it much mind. Just noticed a game was taking place, but we were carrying our groceries and focused on everyday tasks. Thanks for the advice though. I may just let it go, or try to find a local sleuth for some help. Ha. Wish us luck. And be mindful of where you park folks !

Posted on: 2014/6/6 3:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
was there a game being played at the time when you parked or just a kid or two having a hit ?

if it was a game, the field might have been booked and thus a phone call to either team might get some results - teams have public liability insurance !

Posted on: 2014/6/6 3:33
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

DoveTales wrote:
You'd think someone would step up to the plate

Heh.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 2:56

Baseball meets windshield

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/16 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
This ever happen to anyone else locally ? Last Sunday we parked our car near the Roberto Clemente ball field in jones park on eight street while a game was on. Bad idea. I come back to my car about an hour and twenty minutes later, the windshield is severely smashed :( Obviously from a baseball. And of course no one was around at this point. No note. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. How nice. Anyone else ever experience this shady practice? Did you just bite the bullet and pay it ? Doesn't seem like much can be done according to the cops. Three days later and minus our $250.00 deductible of our hard earned dollars we have a new windshield and are ready to roll again. Accidents do happen, sure. But really... You'd think someone would step up to the plate and admit what they've done! Too much to ask for in today's world?! We learned our lesson. But parking is hard to come by in our area. Jones park is only a block away, but no longer worth the risk. Sigh.

-Richie

Posted on: 2014/6/6 2:34

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017