Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: 5-year old girl mauled by unleashed pit bull -- did not respond to owner's commands
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Althea wrote:
...I only have pitbulls because I have young children and I need a breed that I can feel one hundred percent safe with and will protect my family. I am sure I will be called a bad mother for this and I will simply role my eyes. But children are unpredictable and they can be unintentionally cruel to pets, so I need a breed with a proven history and track record of high pain tolerance and kindness towards kids.

Pitbulls have been bred to be very people friendly so they won't turn on their handlers...

"Protect your family" -- please do us all a favor and just pay for a security system -- wow that's crazy logic! Althea you need to give it a rest -- how many kids and seniors need to get MAULED -- not to mention the rest of us!

Posted on: 2011/12/20 16:55

Re: 5-year old girl mauled by unleashed pit bull -- did not respond to owner's commands
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
I believe the point is that there are dog breeds out there that are rated even more dangerous such as German Shepherds and it is called a dog attack.

Look at the case of the South African Boerboels. None of the articles use the word "maul" even though a 6 month old was involved in one of the attacks and a man's groin was viciously torn in another.

Focusing on one breed when there are about 20+ on the same level or higher because of incorrect media created statistics and mislabeling is not only stupid and irritating, it misses the point completely.

No dog attacks by any breed are ok. Every owner should have control over their dog.

GrovePath, I know you will never ever change your mind because god forbid you let go of this belief system that because pitbulls are among one of the most dangerous breeds to bite (when they do bite and let's face it they probably 75% of the dog population of JC if not more) that they all need to be exterminated and demonized.

I only have pitbulls because I have young children and I need a breed that I can feel one hundred percent safe with and will protect my family. I am sure I will be called a bad mother for this and I will simply role my eyes. But children are unpredictable and they can be unintentionally cruel to pets, so I need a breed with a proven history and track record of high pain tolerance and kindness towards kids.

Pitbulls have been bred to be very people friendly so they won't turn on their handlers. I make sure any animal I bring in my home is temperament tested.

It's not the breed. It's all the breeds that are strong enough to inflict that amount of damage on a person or another animal that is scary. Again my insurance company will hand you a list of 30 breeds, not one.

So Grove Path, just give it a rest already. No child should have to endure this type of attack from any dog regardless of breed and banning one breed won't solve the situation.

Posted on: 2011/12/20 16:48
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
...I've never heard of a "mauling" by a poodle...

Yeah, no one has ...and there's a reason for that!

Resized Image

The little 5 year old girl looks like she is in shock - she is not smiling! After getting mauled by some idiot's pit bull -- at least she is smart enough not to trust the cute new baby pit bull her foolish mother brought home!

We need to stop Jersey City being awash with these dangerous breeds -- we need some new laws in place!

Quote:
?It was turning her and twisting her. It was trying to take her leg off.?

I hope landlords are paying attention to the real liability issues here!

Posted on: 2011/12/20 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Why is it that everytime a pit bull bites someone now, it's called a "mauling". Granted, she shouldn't have been bitten, but she has a bandage on her knee and no other injuries. She's home in bed smiling, but can we stop over-dramatizing things. I've never heard of a "mauling" by a poodle, or a labrador.

Posted on: 2011/12/20 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
?She doesn?t want it now. I have to get rid of it.?

Another dog dumped at LHS in 5-4-3........

Posted on: 2011/12/20 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Peter Paul & Mary sang Blowin in the Wind. So I ask, "How many times does a pit bull have to bite to have them put to sleep"? Some dog owners who cause a dangerous impact in our society have nothing to lose, they don't even have a pot to kiss in so you cannot sue them, but they make their mark on innocent victims. The only one so far that seems to have a buck to sue for is Susan Kolb with her pair of mauling creatures.

Posted on: 2011/12/19 15:58

5-year old girl mauled by unleashed pit bull -- did not respond to owner's commands
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
5-year old girl has leg mauled by an unleashed, unlicensed pit bull that did not respond to owner's commands

Saturday, December 17, 2011, 3:03 AM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

A defenseless 5-year-old Jersey City girl was viciously attacked by a pit bull Thursday night, sending her to a hospital with cuts, punctures wounds and swelling to her leg after the animal tried ?to take her leg off.?

The dog was impounded and could be put down under the state?s dangerous dog law, authorities said. The pit bull?s owner, Antoine McRae, 34, was issued summonses, cops said. Police say McRae admitted he had no control over the dog during the attack.

Resized Image

NYSIRE GEORGE, 5, was attacked by an unleashed, unlicensed pit bull on Thursday. She was sent to the hospital with cuts, puncture wounds and swelling to her leg after Nysire's mom says the dog tried "to take her leg off."

?I was screaming ?Get the dog off my baby oh my God!? ? Samantha Davis said last night of the attack on her daughter, Nysire George, at 5:36 p.m. Thursday in front of McRae?s Fulton Avenue home. ?It was turning her and twisting her. It was trying to take her leg off.?

After the attack on the girl, McRae was cited for having an unlicensed, unleashed and unmuzzled dog, police reports say.

When police arrived at McRae?s home he told them his dog ?Beans? had bitten a girl and she was inside, reports said. The officers found Nysire lying on a couch and bleeding from her leg, reports said.

Davis told police she and her daughter were walking by when Beans opened a gate with his head, pounced on Nysire and clamped his jaws on the girl?s left leg, reports said. McRae told police the dog ?did not listen to verbal commands, nor could he remove the dog from the child for some time,? reports said.

The girl was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center where emergency room doctors said she suffered at least six puncture wounds, numerous cuts and a possible fractured shin bone, reports said. A hospital spokesman said she was treated and released, but Davis said her daughter is due back in the hospital today.

Jersey City Animal Control officers went to McRae?s home later Thursday night and impounded the dog, which is being housed at the Liberty Humane Society in Jersey City. Animal Control Officer Joe Frank said it is being held under the state?s dangerous dog law, which could lead to it?s being euthanized.

The attack has little Nysire so shaken that she is afraid of her own puppy, a pit bull mix that her mom just recently purchased for her.

?She doesn?t want it now. I have to get rid of it.?

McRae chose not to comment on the incident.

Posted on: 2011/12/19 15:32

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017