Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: How do I Plead?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Well if you gotta go you can certainly play on the mercy of the court. Dress nice!! And bring photos if they help your case. I.E. trees blocking the view of handicap signs etc. It was dark and raining and you felt threatened by the fireworks. I assume you would plead guilty because you did park in the spot but explain to the judge that it was not intentional. I will call my lawyer friend and ask him his advice and PM you later.

Posted on: 2008/8/6 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
The JCPA could make a killing at the shoprite parking lot. So many people without plates or plackards in the HC spots there. I've even seen people parking on the blue stripes between the HC spots when there were no more left.

Posted on: 2008/8/6 16:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/22 0:52
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, that's more or less what I figured. But I'm *forced* to go to court. I'd certainly rather just pay the fine and be done with it, but the clerk's office told me that this violation REQUIRES a court appearance, whether or not I'm willing to pay.

So given that I have to be there anyways, how do I plead? I read in another thread on here that someone else who's new the area was let off of a handicapped parking violation for similar reasons (new the area, just didn't see the sign, etc).

Posted on: 2008/8/6 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Robustus wrote:
I parked in a handicapped space on a residential street a block from my apartment last month. I just didn't see the sign - I just moved here from out-of-state in June, and didn't even think to look for handicapped spots on a residential street. Furthermore, this happened on the 4th of July, it was 10:30 at night, raining, and I was more concerned with avoiding the teens firing Roman candles at each other than anything else.

Anyways - I called the number on the ticket and they tell me that a court appearance is required for this, regardless of whether or not I'm willing to pay the ticket. So how's this work? I've never been to court before. I'd rather not pay the $250 fine, though I am indeed technically "guilty". I did park in that space, though there were extenuating circumstances. Does that mean I plead "not guilty" even though I technically am "guilty" and admit as much?

YOUR GUILTY, this is Jersey city and if you intend to make a case like what you just stated, the Municipal judge is going to have a chuckle at the very least.

Pay the Ticket and move on, all handicap spaces in JC are well marked and your excuse is not going to fly in Hudson Cty.

CK

Posted on: 2008/8/6 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I don't know if you can win this one. It is really a matter of are you willing to take a day off from work and sit in a crowded courtroom for hours on end and probably lose? Or, as is common, are you willing to spend $250.00 to avoid the headache?

Posted on: 2008/8/6 15:52

How do I Plead?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/22 0:52
Group:
Registered Users
I parked in a handicapped space on a residential street a block from my apartment last month. I just didn't see the sign - I just moved here from out-of-state in June, and didn't even think to look for handicapped spots on a residential street. Furthermore, this happened on the 4th of July, it was 10:30 at night, raining, and I was more concerned with avoiding the teens firing Roman candles at each other than anything else.

Anyways - I called the number on the ticket and they tell me that a court appearance is required for this, regardless of whether or not I'm willing to pay the ticket. So how's this work? I've never been to court before. I'd rather not pay the $250 fine, though I am indeed technically "guilty". I did park in that space, though there were extenuating circumstances. Does that mean I plead "not guilty" even though I technically am "guilty" and admit as much?

Posted on: 2008/8/6 15:43

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017