Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heads Up: Santander ATM Thefts Across State Today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Adding to jerseymom's info....

From what I saw from last night?s news casts there is a bug in the Santander ATM system that is allowing one specific type of gift/debit card to continue to withdraw money even after an account is depleted. The word went out on social media that it could be done that is why it was so wide spread.

I wonder if that's a federal crime or a local charge?

Oh it absolutely is a federal crime... and I would think a pretty serious one(s), minimal bank fraud involving all the international credit card networks. Quite a scam with all the security controls typically put in place for these transactions. Have to wonder if there was some inside help on this... maybe a cloned bank ATM Settlement / Test Card with mag stripe data altered? Difficult to believe an OTC debit card did this because the money has to come from some account... put the machines into a maintenance mode/offline the network and continually cycle the cash dispenser module.?

Check out the arrests and charges here - just 3rd degree state stuff with a 3 to 5 max. And all the drug possession raps are disorderly offenses. Monmouth Co. Arrests

Good read... treating it nothing more than credit card fraud? I suspected something more sinister because in my mind the risk of stealing a few hundred dollars from a bank just did not seem worthwhile. Interesting NYC connections... for those that do not default, the possession charges will be dropped and the rest will plead out. Drug convictions can be so detrimental for future employment prospects. :)

Posted on: 2020/8/23 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

From what I saw from last night?s news casts there is a bug in the Santander ATM system that is allowing one specific type of gift/debit card to continue to withdraw money even after an account is depleted. The word went out on social media that it could be done that is why it was so wide spread.

Oh it absolutely is a federal crime... and I would think a pretty serious one(s), minimal bank fraud involving all the international credit card networks. Quite a scam with all the security controls typically put in place for these transactions. Have to wonder if there was some inside help on this... maybe a cloned bank ATM Settlement / Test Card with mag stripe data altered? Difficult to believe an OTC debit card did this because the money has to come from some account... put the machines into a maintenance mode/offline the network and continually cycle the cash dispenser module.?

Check out the arrests and charges here - just 3rd degree state stuff with a 3 to 5 max. And all the drug possession raps are disorderly offenses. Monmouth Co. Arrests

Posted on: 2020/8/22 3:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Posted on: 2020/8/19 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2020/8/19 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Posted on: 2020/8/19 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2020/8/19 11:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2020/8/18 23:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/12 19:15
Group:
Registered Users
This was actually happening all night last night in Jersey City, at at least two Santander ATMs. As per my own interrupted sleep and the JCPD scanner. Not sure what the cops did/could do about it.

Posted on: 2020/8/18 22:20

Heads Up: Santander ATM Thefts Across State Today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
FBI officials are looking into an ATM theft scheme that has targeted several ATM machines at Santander Bank in the past several hours.

According to sources familiar with the investigation, police departments in multiple cities, including Newark, Robbinsville, Woodbridge, Springfield, Millburn, Randolph and Pequannock have received complaints from officials at the Santander Bank reporting thefts from the ATM.

Sources said the suspects entered the banks and used fraudulent gift cards that allow them to withdraw cash from the machines in large amounts.

More

Posted on: 2020/8/18 17:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017