Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: coworking space/shared workspace in JC, are you interested?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/26 14:02
Group:
Registered Users
I saw this posted:
https://jerseydigs.com/silverman-plans ... -erie-street-jersey-city/

Although, it says office space, I heard a rumor that it might be co-working space.

Posted on: 2018/7/26 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
There are already 4 (?) coworking spaces in downtown JC. I wonder when this market will be saturated?

Posted on: 2018/7/20 19:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 14:39
From 111 Town Square Place Suite 1203
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Brian,

We have a coworking space in Jersey City name WorkSocial. Our web is worksocial.works. We are located at 111 Town Square Place Suite 1209, at just steps from Newport path station.

Come an visit us!!!

Posted on: 2018/7/19 14:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/19 15:00
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Folks,

Well the effort to bring affordable, collaborative workspace to downtown Jersey City has been revived again! Join us July 7 to have a preliminary Meetup http://www.meetup.com/jerseycityworks/. If you are curious about coworking spaces and want to meet other independent professionals, now's your chance.

Thanks,

Brian

Posted on: 2011/6/24 19:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/25 22:25
Group:
Registered Users
Hello itgirl,

Thanks for the supporting words! I have met the people at Brooklyn Creative League and they have a great model. I am glad this thread has been resuscitated, and people have emailed me off jclist as well.

If a few more people are interested, i will organize a time for us to meet. Currently I have a day job running a coworking place in Manhattan, but if anyone else wanted to organize a day-long event where you all can work together, I could probably attend. They are called "jellies" http://workatjelly.com/ and it is a great way to get a shared space started by meeting other like-minded professionals.

Cheers,

Brian

Posted on: 2011/1/18 15:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/3 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Brian,

Would be glad to see something like this get started in JC. I've read something about the Brooklyn Creative League which offers this kind of resource and think it would be a brilliant idea to offer a mutually supportive workspace for people who work independently here. Just looking at the list of members at BCL will give you an idea of how well this can work for a variety of small businesses, non-profit orgs and other independents who need a place with reliable resources
and without the isolation and distraction of a home office.

http://www.brooklyncreativeleague.com/

I think it would be wonderful for the city, and I'll talk it up whenever I have the opportunity.

Posted on: 2011/1/17 22:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It is nice to see some people interested in this, and thank you to those who have emailed me directly. I'd like to keep the conversation online so people know there is some interest in this.

So far I have learned that there is a small community of people who work from home in JC. Working in a shared space will keep you motivated and support the growth of your business. If you are a freelancer or you own your business and work from home, please let the community know that you would support something like this by replying. Thanks!

Posted on: 2011/1/17 16:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/3 17:56
Group:
Registered Users
This would make a great addition to Jersey City especially when it snows and you can't get into the city.

Posted on: 2011/1/16 13:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/15 16:50
Group:
Registered Users
Brian, I live and work in Jersey City. I sent you an email at thegrovejc@gmail.com.

Posted on: 2011/1/15 16:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Also if there was a similar effort to this, please let me know, and reply to this post if you have any feedback or recommendations.

Thanks

Brian

Posted on: 2010/11/2 19:14

coworking space/shared workspace in JC, are you interested?

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hello JC List,

I am the manager of a collaborative office in Manhattan for a community of freelancers, small businesses, artists, startups, and anyone else who works from home. The concept is called coworking and it is a growing trend among independent professionals as an affordable way to work. The real value in coworking, however, is the community that develops among these people as they network, grow their businesses, and become friends.

I would like to know if there is a need for this in Downtown Jersey City, where I live. The key to a successful coworking space is a core group of people who can cultivate the community and spread the word. I have seen this community blossom in front of me and I am interested in trying this in JC.

If you are interested in learning more and discussing this idea, feel free to contact me. A temporary name for the space is "The Grove JC" so you can email thegrovejc@gmail.com.

Isn't a "grove" a tranquil and productive space? That's what I am going for in Downtown JC.

Cheers,

Brian DiFeo

Posted on: 2010/11/2 18:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017