Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Holding an Event at Loews - Recommendations?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/6 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
My wife and I actually got married there in 2012. And I will say that I would strongly recommend the Loew's to anyone planning an event, it will provide a unique and memorable experience to all those in attendance. However, they were not as responsive as we would have liked, but we understood they were doing the best they could given that we were really only working with 2 people who also had to deal with just about everything else theater related.

You are correct that you need to have a fire marshall there but it wasn't too significant of a cost.

We hired Ultimate Caterers who had worked there many times before and they were prepared for the logistical challenges the Loew's presents. They were great but we did meet with several caterers who had also worked there so you should have quite a few options. We didn't meet with 15 Fox as caterers because we didn't know they were caterers at the time but I know they have catered many events at the Loew's.

If you're planning on serving alcohol you will need a one day liquor liability policy as well, which wasn't that difficult to obtain and surprisingly cheap (at least in my opinion).

Posted on: 2017/1/17 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

Hi,

I recently attended a movie there for the first time. It was so fun. And the venue itself is gorgeous. I hope they remain independent.

For almost all events a fire marshal indeed is required.

201.798.6055 | info@friendofloews.org

Good LUCK!

Posted on: 2017/1/14 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
15 Fox Place seems to do a lot of catering for them. I know some people who wanted to do an event there that found communication with the venue a little difficult.

Posted on: 2017/1/14 16:27

Holding an Event at Loews - Recommendations?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I'm planning an event for about 100 people and really like the Loews as a venue. Has anyone held an event there? Is there a local caterer that knows their way around all the logistics? I understand you have to hire a fire marshal or something like that, too. Is it a hassle or worth it?

Also - how do you get a hold of them? They only have an email noted on their site.

Advice welcomed!

Posted on: 2017/1/14 16:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017