Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown JC ObGyn
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/11 14:22
Group:
Registered Users
My wife had both of our children at JCMC with Dr. Yousry. I often accompanied her to visits and I was amazed at the quality of care that he provides. He is a great Doctor. We only had a couple of interactions with his partner but she was good too. Because he is so good, he is super popular so it's true that wait times at his office are long.

Both of our pregnancies were pretty straight forward so I can't speak on the NICU and emergency situations as others have discussed. I will tell you that we were very happy with the set up at JCMC. New, clean and spacious rooms with beautiful views of Lady Liberty and the harbor. The nurses were fantastic to us.

Posted on: 2016/3/29 18:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/1 13:25
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Dr. Migliaccio is wonderful, but he delivers at Englewood and Palisades. He delivered my son at Englewood and I couldn't have asked for a better Dr. or hospital.

Posted on: 2016/3/29 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamiltonParker wrote:

The thing about baby delivery to keep in mind is that when things start looking bad, they get bad quickly. You want a top notch NICU in place for the baby and a highly competitive training program in place for the many residents that will be treating you ~ Hoboken & JC lack both.

Having been through a similar circumstance, I completely agree. Plan for the worst - even with a perfect pregnancy. Close doesn't mean better. And whatever you do, don't go near Palisades.

Posted on: 2016/3/29 14:10

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/18 19:10
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
1. The three below are in the same clinic--Bimonte is head of JCMC OB dept, so he's the boss of pretty much all the OB's that have offices in 377 Jersey, including Yousry. I've seen Bimonte in my second trimester and his office staff are very nice and efficient. Bimonte himself is a bit traditional.

Michael Bimonte
Cheryl Carter
Long-Gue Hu

2. As others have said, Yousry is a great doctor. Wonderful bedside manner and very knowledgeable. However, his practice is ridiculously oversubscribed. I was his patient until halfway through my second trimester (Dec. 2015) when I couldn't handle the wait times anymore. I have never been seen with less than a 2 hour wait. Usu. it takes 3 to 3.5 hours from my signing in until I leave. I see so many third trimester mommies waiting with me and verbal fights with the reception staff often. His staff are unprofessional to say the least, check Yelp reviews. Also, Yousry himself does questionable billing practices--even though I was pregnant and under global pay, he still billed my insurance for "nausea" visits at every checkup so he can double dip, which his billing staff said was common and she gets many angry calls from patients about. Just FYI.

3. I had a procedure done at JCMC in my first trimester. Their L&D nurses are very nice, the food is pretty decent, facilities are fine. Only thing to keep in mind is JCMC does NOT have a nursery, babies MUST room in with mommies. Obv this doesn't apply to NICU, but if you have a bad C-section and will be in the hospital for several days, just keep in mind that you prob will want family or help with you most of the time because of the nursery thing...

Finally, JCMC L&D was waaay better than Palisades when I delivered, in every single way. Migliaccio practice delivers at Palisades and Englewood. Stay away from Palisades until their Hackensack merger is fully in effect and practices improve.

Posted on: 2016/3/29 11:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/20 17:25
From Jersey city nj 07302
Group:
Banned
I believe jcmc has a level 3 NICU. Jcmc is also under the st barnabas umbrella now. I was very impressed with the level of care I received here. The nurses are outstanding. I went to a much more "prestigious" hospital for baby #1 and had a very bad experience. I also felt very comfortable in Dr. Yousry's care - he is incredibly experienced.

Posted on: 2016/3/28 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
This topic's pretty much been covered in a separate thread. I'd seriously reconsider plans to deliver a baby in either Hoboken or JC. I had a perfectly routine pregnancy and got into a lot of trouble in the delivery room. I credit Columbia Presbyterian with saving my life and avoiding an emergency hysterectomy.

The thing about baby delivery to keep in mind is that when things start looking bad, they get bad quickly. You want a top notch NICU in place for the baby and a highly competitive training program in place for the many residents that will be treating you ~ Hoboken & JC lack both.

Good luck to you.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... _id=387877&keywords=Obgyn

Posted on: 2016/3/28 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
Not trying to be a bummer, but many OBs won't take on new patients in the third trimester (I know the practice I use won't), so it might be worth your time to make some phone calls to find out different doc's policies before getting your heart set on anyone. Good luck!

Posted on: 2016/3/28 17:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/17 16:29
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I second Suntime's opinion of Dr's Yousry and Muhammad - they are both wonderful doctors. I actually started my care with Dr. Muhammad and was delivered by Dr Yousry but they each review the others patients so you are familiar with both doctors. I was also high risk but they are both very calming and so confident that I never felt there was anything to worry about in their care. They also have evening hours and Saturday appointments. The wait can be long (typical was at least an hour) but they're both very attentive and you're never rushed through, which is probably the main reason for the wait times. I could go on and on about them and my experience but also feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions. Quote:
kingster wrote: Has anyone used the following OBs? I'm 32 weeks but currently have an OB in NYC. Thinking about switching to someone who delivers at Jersey City Medical Center since it's so close. But I can't find many reviews on the doctors. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks. Michael Bimonte Zaheda Muhammad Ahmed Yousry Lily Gonzalez Carol Gagliardi Elisheva Cohn Patricia Chau Cheryl Carter Long-Gue Hu

Posted on: 2016/3/28 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
It isn't downtown, but dr. Miggliaccio in Hoboken is awesome. I don't remember where he delivers though.

Posted on: 2016/3/28 16:43

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/20 17:25
From Jersey city nj 07302
Group:
Banned
Dr. Yousry and Dr. muhammed are wonderful and work together in the same office. Dr Yousry is basically "the guy" at jcmc. dr Muhammed ended up delivering my baby and she was really great. I had a high risk pregnancy and i felt so well cared for in their hands. Pm me if you would like more information or have specific questions.

Posted on: 2016/3/28 15:53

Downtown JC ObGyn
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/28 11:18
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone used the following OBs? I'm 32 weeks but currently have an OB in NYC. Thinking about switching to someone who delivers at Jersey City Medical Center since it's so close. But I can't find many reviews on the doctors. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Michael Bimonte
Zaheda Muhammad
Ahmed Yousry
Lily Gonzalez
Carol Gagliardi
Elisheva Cohn
Patricia Chau
Cheryl Carter
Long-Gue Hu

Posted on: 2016/3/28 15:25

[Advanced Search]

Login