Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NY TIMES: Jersey City: A Flower Blossoming as a New Colossus
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

jcman420 wrote:
Wow. The NY Times giving an actual, non-backhanded compliment to Jersey City. Didn't think it was possible, but it's good to see.

I was starting to think the Times couldn't publish a supposedly positive article about Jersey City's ascension without beginning it with something like: "Long considered the armpit of the universe..."

Steve spends a lot of money and calls in a lot of favors from his I Banking days to get these articles written, Ya know....

No I didn't, but so what? Good publicity for JC, not just DTJC. Had Healy called on his friends where would a similar article appear - AA Newsletter? The Journal of Naked Step Sitting?

Posted on: 2014/11/23 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jcman420 wrote:
Wow. The NY Times giving an actual, non-backhanded compliment to Jersey City. Didn't think it was possible, but it's good to see.

I was starting to think the Times couldn't publish a supposedly positive article about Jersey City's ascension without beginning it with something like: "Long considered the armpit of the universe..."

Steve spends a lot of money and calls in a lot of favors from his I Banking days to get these articles written, Ya know....

Posted on: 2014/11/23 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcman420 wrote:

well, for some people, armpits are the cat's meow

Posted on: 2014/11/23 4:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/28 15:24
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/11/23 4:14

NY TIMES: Jersey City: A Flower Blossoming as a New Colossus
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City: A Flower Blossoming as a New Colossus

The New York Times
By TAMMY LA GORCENOV. 22, 2014

On a warm Saturday in Jersey City last month, the siren call of the sofa and cable television was probably a bit muted for many residents.

Filipino and Diwali festivals coexisted a mile apart on Newark Avenue and Exchange Place. In front of City Hall, the local L.G.B.T. organization, Hudson Pride, gathered for its annual festival. At the Culinary Arts Institute of Hudson County Community College, the scent of shellfish and saffron wafted from the New Jersey Paella Festival. Even the local cemetery, a few blocks from the Pride Festival, was hopping: 1,000 people, some in Halloween costumes, frolicked in front of a makeshift stage, where eight local bands were performing.

The cultural rise of Jersey City, the state?s second-most-populous city, which many might say accelerated after the 2008 revival of the Grove Street PATH station, was on full display.

Among residents like Anthony Vito Susco, who organized ?Ghost of Uncle Joe?s,? the annual fund-raiser at the Historic Jersey City and Harsimus Cemetery, the bonanza of events has come to seem normal for this city of more than 250,000 people.

?Since I?ve lived here, Jersey City has been this flower blossoming, with people saying it?s becoming the sixth borough,? said Mr. Susco, the owner of Dancing Tony Productions, an event planning company. ?Every year the flower gets closer and closer to opening.?

Read more:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/23/nyr ... -a-new-colossus.html?_r=0

Posted on: 2014/11/23 2:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017