Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Car Broken Into
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

azuccon1 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

azuccon1 wrote:
Someone attempted to break into my Jeep sometime between Thursday night and during the day Friday. Attempted to get in through passenger window, broken the window.

Car was parked on 3rd between Brunswick and Colgate. Called the cops, they said it was unusual but they would patrol area.

FYI to anyone in the area.

Hope you had a police report made out. First for insurance purposes, if you decide to file a claim. Second, by having a report made out, it becomes more than a notation. It becomes a way of determining if this was a random event or the start of a pattern of breakins, as these things sometimes occur in clusters.

The police had no interest in doing a report since nothing was stolen.

I'm sorry to hear that as I am sure the East district captain would want to know about these things going on in his area.

Posted on: 2014/10/28 0:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/13 14:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

azuccon1 wrote:
Someone attempted to break into my Jeep sometime between Thursday night and during the day Friday. Attempted to get in through passenger window, broken the window.

Car was parked on 3rd between Brunswick and Colgate. Called the cops, they said it was unusual but they would patrol area.

Hope you had a police report made out. First for insurance purposes, if you decide to file a claim. Second, by having a report made out, it becomes more than a notation. It becomes a way of determining if this was a random event or the start of a pattern of breakins, as these things sometimes occur in clusters.

The police had no interest in doing a report since nothing was stolen.

Posted on: 2014/10/27 12:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
I was awake when this robbery happened. I heard a car alarm that sounded like mine go off and saw a man run into the gate by my property until I opened the blinds and he took off. Went outside with my large dog for a quick walk to check on my car and look around the block for broken glass. Had no idea it was the jeep. Sucks.

Posted on: 2014/10/26 21:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan2013 wrote:
My car was parked on 1st street and monmouth. I had the window open on the passenger side and was away from it for 5 minutes. They took my iphone and gps. I know it was stupid to have the window open...but it was 5 minutes.

This was last friday.

Foolishness aside, you should have also informed the police because even if your theft was one of opportunity there is a person or persons out there waiting for that opportunity.

Posted on: 2014/10/26 21:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/17 2:37
Group:
Registered Users
My car was parked on 1st street and monmouth. I had the window open on the passenger side and was away from it for 5 minutes. They took my iphone and gps. I know it was stupid to have the window open...but it was 5 minutes.

This was last friday.

Posted on: 2014/10/26 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

azuccon1 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/26 12:01

Car Broken Into
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/13 14:13
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/26 5:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017