Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City, Conrail reach deal transform ugly trestle graffiti into 'welcome to' murals
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

margel wrote:
They look more like cheesy billboards.

+2

With emphasis on CHEESE.

Posted on: 2014/10/22 22:32

Re: Jersey City, Conrail reach deal transform ugly trestle graffiti into 'welcome to' murals
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Dump the greeting with a mural - The current font looks dated and out of place if we trying to modernize the city ... but the initial idea has merit and is an improvement.

If a snappy mural is done, I'm sure it would be a tourist attraction in a small way and would generate many photos and a landmark for locals

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/10/22 22:14
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/3 19:43
Group:
Registered Users
At least based on those renderings, I think the term "mural" is being generous. They look more like cheesy billboards. An improvement over the graffiti, sure, but I'm really hoping they end up way more artistic than what's shown in the 3 renderings.

Posted on: 2014/10/22 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
There is an unbelievable mural painted on the cement railroad trestle at Barbara Place and Grand Street. (towards Center St) Saw it this morning and was blown away.

It is a painting of an Indian Chief on a black background. The painter is named SUE.

Go check it out or maybe someone can post a picture of it here.

If anyone tags their name on that work of art they are not human. That?s goes for you ?D-BAG?.

Sick! One of the hottest I seen.

Posted on: 2014/10/22 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
This City of Jersey City press release (pdf) has a drawing of the mural I mentioned in the below post by Sue One. It looks great in person.

http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/uploa ... ses/Trestles%20Murals.pdf

Posted on: 2014/10/22 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
There is an unbelievable mural painted on the cement railroad trestle at Barbara Place and Grand Street. (towards Center St) Saw it this morning and was blown away.

It is a painting of an Indian Chief on a black background. The painter is named SUE.

Go check it out or maybe someone can post a picture of it here.

If anyone tags their name on that work of art they are not human. That?s goes for you ?D-BAG?.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 20:17

Jersey City, Conrail reach deal transform ugly trestle graffiti into 'welcome to' murals
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By Sudip Bhattacharya | The Jersey Journal

Resized Image

Train trestles, which have always been the makeshift canvas of rogue graffiti artists, will be transformed into inviting "welcome to Jersey City" murals in an agreement reached by Jersey City and Conrail, city officials said.

The agreement with Conrail was sought after community groups, in particular, the South Greenville Neighborhood Association, pointed out to city officials that graffiti on Garfield Avenue trestles that greet commuters as they enter and exit Jersey City from Bayonne has been a chronic problem.

"We are excited to expand our mural project to include the train trestles that are located throughout the city and which are viewed by hundreds of thousands of residents and visitors daily," Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop said. "The train trestles for years have been a site of graffiti and we saw this as an opportunity to display the creativity of our arts community while also welcoming residents and visitors to Jersey City."

More

Posted on: 2014/10/17 19:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017