Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
167 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 167

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Homebrew Battle @ the 4th St Arts & Music Fest - come drink some delicious homemade beer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... et_on_4th_street_fes.html

Quote:
?As a group, we?re not going anywhere; we?re just getting better,? McNamara said.

He said 4th Street Arts is just shifting its focus. It?s working with the city to secure a spot on the waterfront for a 10-night concert series spanning from May to September.

Posted on: 2013/10/8 15:51

Re: Jersey City Homebrew Battle @ the 4th St Arts & Music Fest - come drink some delicious homemade beer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

thirstyquaker wrote:
Quote:

geniusofthecrowd wrote:
This was a great event, there was a big turnout with some awesome brews and music. Looking forward to it happening again next year, only thing I would like to see added is more bathroom facilities (2 wasn't enough), and food vendors to soak up the beer.
Bathrooms and food vendors were organized by 4th St. I would direct your feedback to them, but this was the final festival. The homebrew competition will continue on though, and we'll make sure there are plenty of bathrooms for everyone.

why was this year the final?

Posted on: 2013/10/8 4:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/25 1:51
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

geniusofthecrowd wrote:
This was a great event, there was a big turnout with some awesome brews and music. Looking forward to it happening again next year, only thing I would like to see added is more bathroom facilities (2 wasn't enough), and food vendors to soak up the beer.
Bathrooms and food vendors were organized by 4th St. I would direct your feedback to them, but this was the final festival. The homebrew competition will continue on though, and we'll make sure there are plenty of bathrooms for everyone.

Posted on: 2013/10/8 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
People's Choice - 2nd Place
KAI Brewing (Doug Bellingeri & Michael Consoli) - Galaxy CDA

Judge's Choice - 2nd Place
KAI Brewing (Doug Bellingeri & Michael Consoli) - Galaxy CDA

People's Choice - 1st Place
Hoboken Brewing (Brendan Drury & Andrew Zebrowski) - Bodhi Blonde

Judge's Choice - 1st Place
Jonathan McAfee - Belgian Dubble w/ curry & raisin spice

There was a correction with the Judge's Choice 1st place, it seems a couple of entry sheets were mixed up which led to some confusion. Apologies to all.

Thanks again to everyone that came out, total attendance including volunteers, judges, brewers and other festival people was about 500. Crazy!

Posted on: 2013/10/8 1:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/5 21:40
Group:
Registered Users
I've been watching people brew beer out in a moving PODS container that has been parked on the street these past few weeks. I was wondering what was going on.

Posted on: 2013/10/7 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
I was only kinda listening at that point but i think a Black IPA was 2nd place and a Lemongrass IPA was first. I got caught up in the list of prizes - the winners can basically eat out every night this week for free!

Posted on: 2013/10/7 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know the winning beers? We tasted some fantastic stuff yesterday. What a wonderful event and what talented people live in JC.

Posted on: 2013/10/6 20:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/10/6 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Beer time!

Posted on: 2013/10/1 15:47

Jersey City Homebrew Battle @ the 4th St Arts & Music Fest - come drink some delicious homemade beer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
The Jersey City Brew Club is hosting its third annual Homebrew Battle, and this year is our largest event yet! We'll have over 30 homemade beers on tap, and you get to try them all and vote on your favorites. There will be some really great stuff, so grab a few friends and come on out. This is part of the 4th St Arts & Music Festival, so there will be plenty to do besides drink.

Check out the facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/211601122337085/

You can also buy advance tickets at http://jchb.brownpapertickets.com/

And thanks to our wonderful sponsors who have donated gift cards for prizes, or trophies, or time and resources. Support your local businesses!

* Cork City Pub
* Ben LoPiccolo Development Group
* The Thirsty Quaker Homebrew Supplies & Craft Beer (coming soon!)
* Grove St Bikes
* Orale Mexican Kitchen
* Rustique Pizza
* New Jersey Beer Company
* GP's Restaurant
* Barcade
* Lamp Post Bar & Grill
* Another Man's Treasure Vintage Store
* Hound About Town Pet Shop
* Torico's Ice Cream
* Hoboken Cigars

And of course, the Jersey City Brew Club!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/10/1 4:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017